Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
look what i can do
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck has started cutting out when i hit a pretty good bump in the road it only does it sometimes. when i hit a bump my radio cuts out,my wait to start light blinks and unless i let off the pedal i have no throttle what could cause this? i had codes read and it wasnt showing any idm of pcm codes. could my chip be causeing it,possibly not getting good contact and the bumps are causeing it to throw the computer off?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
If you don't correct that soon you will most likely burn out your PCM and chip. If it were me I would take the time to address that asap.

·
look what i can do
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well its not my chip i took it out and its still doing it. what could it be and sometimes after it does it the abs light stays on.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You are gonna have to look over all of your harnesses and check for loose connections. I would start at the PCM connector and unplug it and look for corrosion bent pins etc.. Then I would look at the vss connection at the rear axle since you are getting the abs light.

·
look what i can do
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i belive i found it i am only running on one battery cause my negative terminal broke and i havent had time to fix it so i zip tied the cables out of the way as not to touch but the one on the positive broke and it was barely off the battery tray but close enough that a bump would cause it to hit it.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Yeah that would do it. I would make sure that I insulated the exposed ends real good and make sure they are secured away from eachother and metal objects unless you want to replace all the expensive electronics in your truck.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
So whats the word? Has the problem resolved itself or are you still having issues?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts