Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need Help Deciding on Injectors

4K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  dzljon 
#1 ·
I'm trying to get my '03 setup, but I'm still really undecided on which injectors to go with.

I will be using the truck for daily driving, playing off road, and towing the race truck. I'm not looking to make huge power, and I don't want to deal with a bunch of smoke. Decent mpg would be a bonus. These injectors will be paired with a 38R and big oil.

I was kicking around the idea of some small nozzled hybrids or maybe some medium nozzled AC's. There are probably some other options out there I'm overlooking, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#36 ·
That is what I have and it is great for towing. Not the absolute best for mileage but the power is a lot of fun.

#6 ·
my b codes with .0075 tips were great. I managed to get 14 MPG avg towing 16k. they overran the TN Drop In but we all know it was limited by design.

#9 ·
The motor that's in it right now, has PMR's, is missing at least one piston cooling jet, and seems to run a bit on the warm side. As such, I'm having Empire Diesel freshen up my spare motor (which came out of my 2000), and we're going to drop that one in instead. Since, I'm swapping motors, it seems like the right time to go with new injectors.

A set of hybrids with small nozzles seems like an interesting idea, I was hoping to maybe get some feedback from someone who's run them.

#11 ·
I like my stage IIs in my truck. They do smoke a bit but they clean up real nice with the 38R

#13 ·
200cc hybrids with stock nozzle 30% over with proper tuning is very manageable. Detuned for street use or bumped up a bit for towing and a fun setting that will just plain shred tires and get up and move. You can have it all with them. Not too big of an injector and not too small.

#14 ·
I would run a 200ish CC hybrid with a 100% EDM nozzle if you like to play. Otherwise, run a stock nozzle.

Either way it can be made to run smoke free, use less oil than any A-code, maintain whatever ICP you want with a stock pump and not break the bank doing it.

Cause you know that as soon as you get XXX A-codes, the first thing you're going to hear is how you must have "Big Oil" now.

You don't need a second pump to make crisp clean power in the range you're talking. You just need a tiny set of hybrids that use even less oil than stock.

#16 ·
Another for the 200cc Hybrids, I have a set with 30% nozzles, ran off of 15 degree oil and love them.

-Michael

#18 ·
who all makes 200cc hybrids other than black cloud? i've got about 4 months before i can buy some, so i have time to kick tires.

#19 ·
They are a Swamps dealer, you can get them directly from Swamps also such as I did :ford:

-Michael

#21 ·
That includes a chip, but they are way over priced on them it appears. Even with Generic TS programs

-Michael

#24 ·
I don't know what nozzles they offer, but I have 30% EH and they are Great! Managable smoke cranked up, my biggest problem is that I have a stock turbo/downpipe/exhaust and my uppipe gaskets are SHOT! But even with that condition they still make 30-32psi of boost and towing isn't too awful terrible. I hope to be switching to a H2E on that truck with good uppipe gaskets soon

-Michael

#25 ·
how much? swamps doesn't have them listed on their site.

#30 ·
How about a set of AC size injectors with a small nozzle of some sort? That is a question not a statement.

Tom

#31 ·
hey Tom~

Stock 99+ (AD) split shot injectors are ~150cc's...

Our 175cc single shots (our 175/146 injectors) are a terrific upgrade for guys who don't want to upgrade a turbo.

Our (other) 175cc single shots (our 175/173's) are the same injector with a new, enlarged 7 hole nozzle...excellent injector for guys who *might* upgrade the turbo.

For guys looking to break 400, with little or no smoke, we came up with the 200cc hybrid...don't need twin oil pumps, etc...

take care~

Dave

#33 ·
I have babies from you guys but every now and then I think about doing just a bit more. I try to resist that urge but..........

Tom

#34 ·
If you had a 38R, you could step up to the 200's and have a sweet set up I bet :ford:

-Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.