Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this posted on the Aftermarket and performace as well but my post got cut in half?? Anyway tried to start the truck, no wait to start light, and my F5 control was not lit up, I tried to start but it will only crank. I pulled the PCM, took the chip off and reinstalled the PCM. Still no wts light and still no start. I have a 3 hr trip to get back home with my 2 boys, I need help ASAP.:confused:

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
With the chip out and still no WTS light, you probably blew the fuse for the fuel bowl heater. Unplug the heater on the back of the fuel bowl, then replace the fuse and see if you can start your truck.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the fuse located, I have checked all my fuses and none were blown.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok pulled the Fuse and it is blown, missed it the first time, I will unplug the fuel bown connector and put a new fuse in see what happens.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive pulled the sensor twice and blown the fuse twice, what do I need to check, do I have a short somewhere?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in my hometown, no parts stores on sunday and no car dealerships. How do I get this thing started to get it home where I can start fixing things? do i need to leave the fuel bown heater plug unhooked and try to start it?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
running to uncles to get a fuse, I only had one pack of multifuses and blew my only 30amp. does the fuel bowl and pcm run off the same fuse?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the heater plug unhooked a new fuse and truck started I already have the DP out so I will wait till i get home and its not raining. Thanks for everyones help, I guess I will be needing a new fuel bowl or is there a fix for this.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Leave the fuel bowl unplugged and replace the fuse. I had the same problem on mine, i unplugged it and never had another issue with it.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Mine has been unplugged and removed for over two years. No issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts