Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Powerstroke Addict
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting bigger gears in my truck to compensate some for these 37's. I was thinking 4.10s would be my best bet because I do alot of highway driving so I dont want anything too ridiculous. What are your guys thoughts on brands and kits out there? I have never looked into this before so I need some help. Thanks.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I would not go bigger then 4:10s with 37's... I "like" my 4.30 gears, but I miss the hwy crusing...

·
Registered
319 Posts
if you go 4.10 you can use stockers out of another powerstroke im pretty sure

·
Registered
319 Posts
im pretty sure you pull the whole chunk out and swap between 3.73 and 4.10 if so that seems easiest at least

·
Powerstroke Addict
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so 4.10's are the definite choice. Now to figure out if I can take stock 4.10s out of another truck and put them in mine???

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time or money just going to 4.10s. I think 3.73's are fine up to 37" tires, maybe even 38. I don't think it is worth the hassle to just go down 1 size. I would spend the $$ elsewhere.

FWIW, I run 4.30's with 40" tires.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Do you or will you be towing? If not and you are on the highway alot stick with the 3.73s. If you do the swap yes you can take them out and swap them directly no changes. 10.5 rears

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
38's with 3.73's on my 99 was perfect. never a problem on or off road. save your money

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Stick with what you have. Youa re right ona split point of going up and IMO it woudl ahve to do with the tyep of drving you do most whihc in this case is highway which will benefit more from the 3.73. You are not towing anything heavy so that will not be a issue. Also remember if you do and its a 4x4 you would need to also swap out the front as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts