Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Been there destroyed that
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got the 4" turbo back mbrp that I ordered from a vendor I wont name. I opend the box and the turbo down pipe is only 31/2" Now my question is, is this right??? I called the place I ordered it from and asked him if a 4" turbo back is suppose to have a 31/2" down pipe, he told me they all did because you cant get anything bigger than that on a ford!!!!! Now I may be retarded but Im pretty sure ive read several threads on here where you guys have talked about bigger down pipes than that. So is a 31/2 down pipe all that mbrp sales with their kits???? What should i do just put it on and forget about it or make them get me a 4" like I ordered???? Its my opinion that if you advertise a 4" turbo back it should be 4" all the way from the turbo.......:confused::confused:

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
That is how they build their kit. A 4" D/P does not clear very well, you can order a 4" D/P, but have to pound some metal to get good clearance. My 4" MBRP turbo back fit perfect.

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Unless you are heavily modified, the 3 1/2"down pipe is fine.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've heard u can fit a 4in. I have a 3/1/2 dp in my 06 and if u don't have it in the right spot against the heat barrier it will vibrate loudly against the tranny dipstick tube.
I would just put the 3-1/2 in

·
Been there destroyed that
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok guys, thanks for the info........ Ill just put it on and not worry bout it then. The ads should say the dp is smaller imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts