Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a wire I bought off one of the sites so that it would prevent a code from happening with the AIH taken out. I still get codes. What's the problem. I thought the wire would have fixed and prevented this from happening? Is there something better I can do or get to prevent this?

Anyone got a picture to show me so I can verify I hooked it up right. I followed the directions but just wanna make sure.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
I bought one...didn't work.They sent me a replacement...didn't work.Good luck!

·
<-- GO BRONCOS
965 Posts
The code is no big deal, just a soft code and won't affect anything.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
:whs: shouldn't set a ses light.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tired a different ground spot to see if it will work, something cleaner. That's good to know though.

·
Strokin' in Green Bay
68 Posts
I'm curious to know if you found a solution to this problem. I know AIH delete won't set a SES code, but it does prevent autoenginuity from running a cylinder contribution test.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What does the cylinder contribution test do or consist of and would it rob any power or affect temps at all?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Who did you get it from?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I tore out my AIH and all the associated wiring and ran a cylinder contribution test just fine.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I just found my AIH and wires. They are now siting in the garbage container.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Save the relay. It makes a good emergency backup GPR.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Save the relay. It makes a good emergency backup GPR.
I just took the wiring off. Relay stays there. Not that it does me much good since I have a Glow Plug Module not a Relay but who knows. In reality, I was too lazy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't remember who I got it from. I'll check codes today and see if I get the AIH code again or not. Going to install my new GPR today.

·
Strokin' in Green Bay
68 Posts
What does the cylinder contribution test do or consist of and would it rob any power or affect temps at all?
No, it won't hurt anything having this soft code set. A cylinder contribution test is a diagnostic test you can run when you are having suspected injector trouble (among other things). Put simply, just like the name of the test it measures each cylinder's contribution to crank shaft rotational velocities. It is a handy test to run when you need to check injectors. On some trucks when the AIH soft code is set, the Autoenginuity program won't run the test.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How often should this test be done?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
It only needs to be run if you think you have a problem like a misfire. Its used to trace a problem.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
How often should this test be done?
If you had the right tools, as often as you want. If not, I wouldn't do it unless I suspected a problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts