Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK -- I am ready for an exhaust I want a 4inch period pros and cons of differant makes ... Not looking to spend alot of money...

Next -- I think I am sold on the TW chip any advice pros and cons... please new guy here so any help or advice is good :confused: ...Cheers

·
MINK
1,049 Posts
only con of the chip is the more you beat on it the more you will want to start thinking about upgrading your trans...as for exaust I was really happy with my farmboydiesel exaust for the money I spent on it. goodluck

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
exhaust i would go with anyone you like they are all relativity the same in price and for the chip i would go with TS and get matt from gear head automotive tunes or tony wildman any of there custom tunes will help everything stay together and help your tranny out. i have matts tunes they are awesome and you get free reburns for life and he is really cool to talk to and very very helpful.

·
Registered
745 Posts
A 4" mandrel bent piece of pipe is just that so go with the best price. Only thing to real consider is material. If you live in the salt and dont want to buy a new one every 5 years go with SS.

I am happy with my chip, Cons you will want more!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow this site is unreal fast replies.... RE the farm boy exhaust how was the install did the pipe go together fairly easy ... I was told that some of the lower end after market exhausts are harder to install of course i take all with a grain of salt... THANKS

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
some of them exit a little differently too, most mbrp's ive seen kind of do it diagonally out the back, and silverline is more of straight out the side, other brands im not sure of, and im not sure if you can order different exits, i like my mbrp, and do yourself a favor buy it without a muffler, or buy a muffler delete pipe at the same time, youll be doing it anyways

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have a diamondeye 4" turbo back and like it the downpipe went on really easy. Sounds good also. Then went to local muffler shop and had a 6" chrome tip installed. Diamondeye was less than $300

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I would get the muffler delete pipe, but also get the muffler. That way when you get fed up with the drone, you can put the muffler back on. Only takes a minute or two. When you get into the throttle, it still makes all the noise you could want.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
PTP for exhaust. Send a PM to Nate with PTP, they are a sponsor here with some great prices. His screen name here is DSTRBD

·
Registered
504 Posts
I wouldnt hesitate on getting the alumanized either. I live in MN and we have some of the most salty roads out there in the winter. My alumanized still looks like new. In fact it looks better than my buddies stainless kit he put on. Both kits have seem 3 MN winters. He has the lower grade stainless.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
motoblue exhaust from rpmoutlet is the cheapest but still very good fitting exhuast i know of.

mbrp, magna silverline , diamond all seem to be good as well. But you need to call the vendors to get the best $ on them.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
4inch muffler delete sounds sooooooo good. Con.... could get some drone in the cab. Chip do your research there is a lot. I can only say I love my chip it's awsome. They are also coming out with an F8.... it will allow other tuners to burn there tunes on it.... from what I read.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts