Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brother in law called me tonight and said he was having issues with his obs. Went over there and we diagnosed a bad torque converter. Staying locked all the time to be exact. I have replaced quite a few torque converters for other vehicles (all gassers) but never on a stroker. Just looking for any tips and pointers to look out for while the two of us tackle this after work tomorrow. Any special tricks or things to watch for during the process? Thanks in advance!

his truck is a 97 with banks power pack and trans command.

·
Registered
434 Posts
did it have any symptoms before hand these tend to slip not stick locked up. The computer sends a ground signal to lock up the converter. if that wire were to get shorted somewhere on frame crossmember etc it would lock up as soon as the switch was turned on. Maybe un hook the trans command stuff too and try it that way

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the truck was stalling the second he put it into gear and on the off chance it would get going it shifted terrible and would stall the second he stopped again. We tried unplugging everything and it didnt change. So after some time underneath the two of us pulled the tranny and swapped the converter, been working like a charm ever since

1 - 3 of 3 Posts