Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
From what I understand, you'd be better off buying a new EGR cooler and closing off the inlet and outlets or just going with a BPD cooler.

The delete kits all have issues too.

Just my two cents.. good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I bought a cheap delete kit off ebay nearly 70,000 miles ago and have had zero problems with it. I have heard far less complaints about delete kits vs people who weld the cooler shut. Both work. Both can have issues if not done right.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought a cheap delete kit off ebay nearly 70,000 miles ago and have had zero problems with it. I have heard far less complaints about delete kits vs people who weld the cooler shut. Both work. Both can have issues if not done right.
Interesting. Glad you're doing well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm glad to hear you got 70000 miles out of your delete kit.i paid 200.00 for the one I got, hope it last awhile with no problems.im ready to pull oil cooler today,got engine cleaned up very well so no dirt can enter the system.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well got oil cooler in was a Ford unit but plugged up real good.got intake cleaned out real good and ready to install now,after delete kit installed to intake.oven cleaner cleaned intake like new

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Oven cleaner? Hmmm.....never thought of using that! Did you get anything else taken care of while you were in that far?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,281 Posts
Some people get concerned over the oven cleaner because it tends to be aggressive on aluminum.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts