Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing to have to replace the 315/70-17's on our 05 4X4 CC. Want to keep the same size. We are running Cooper Discoverer ATR's at the moment. What is a good all around tire with good mileage. Dont want no street slick or no big lug mudder but something that will do the job if needed and also ride smooth. Thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Whats wrong with the ATR's? Id put them on again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They ride fine. We bought the truck used so I dont know how many miles they have on them. Just want some opinions on different tires so I would have something to compare. I dont want to buy a set of tires thats not going to last. Thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My ATR's have about 20,000 on them and about 15,000 of those miles were pulling 10,000 pounds almost daily. They still have prolly another 10-15,000 on them

·
Registered
217 Posts
not trying to push the ATR's on you just trying to give you an idea on the mileage since you didnt know about yours

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Depends if your going to see snow or any other off road terrain. I think the BGF A/Ts are an all around good tire, I have always had good luck with them. My mother in law has a set of toyo open country AT's on her PSD excursion, and they do pretty well in the snow, powder and ice.

If your not going to see anything other than rain, I would have to agree with the cooper zeons. Lot of guys run them, and love them. Quite, smooth and tons of mileage out of them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We live in East Texas so they wont be seeing any snow or harsh winter conditions, atleast if they do it wont be for long. Some mud but not alot. Will be doing very little towing so mainly just a good AT for highway with a little bit of an aggresive tread if needed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bfg a/ts all the way. Good highway manners,good mileage, and go good in everything I've been in from mud to snow. I have no complaints with them.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Like I said above, I love the BFG AT's, my favorite tire by far. The cooper zeons wont be worth a lick in the mud, I wouldnt think. When I buy tires, I buy a little more aggressive than what I need, because I hate digging out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The zeons actually aren't all that bad in the mud they do just as good as the swampers on my truck in my sig pic the swampers only lasted about 15k miles the truck is too heavy for them. My new set of zeons have about 20k on them and still look new

·
Registered
217 Posts
What do ya'll think of the Cooper Discover S/T 's?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im running the yokohama geolander ht/s in 315s, no complaints at all. My truck is my dd and I put a fair amount of miles on it daily.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Pro-Comp Extreme A/T's is what I would get.

I have BFG A/T's in that size on right now. They ride nice and hook up OK, but these tires just do not last long at all.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My dad ran the cooper st's on his excursion, and the were tremendous. My took that excursion places it should have never been. When I buy new tires for the psd, I will put the coopers on. only issue is the limited options for sizes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have the michelin ltx a/t2 and they have been great as far as mileage. I have about 55000 on them and still have about half of tread left. I am looking at getting atleast 100000 out of them. they are no mud tire but they do ride nice and they are an E rated tire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts