Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have almost fried my stocker and I'm looking for something better. I know I need to stay away from ats for more than a couple reasons but I don't know if I want to rebuild or buy a built one. I'm just wanting to eventually run a sct with head studs and an egr delete and possibly aftermaket turbos and injectors. Any help is appreciated.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
extendedpower has one for sale right now in the classifieds out of his 06' i believe it is... never been behind a tuned motor... got like 60,000 on it

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would it stand up to aftermarket injectors and turbos or do you think it is a good tranny to do a rebuild kit on.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Knock on wood, I've been running my stock tranny for 135k miles and 115k of those have been with a SCT. And 65k of those miles has been on 37" tires. The stock tranny is one of the best in the industry and will hold up to a SCT just fine. Depending on what you're planning on doing with turbos and injectors, you may need to beef it up.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knock on wood, I've been running my stock tranny for 135k miles and 115k of those have been with a SCT. And 65k of those miles has been on 37" tires. The stock tranny is one of the best in the industry and will hold up to a SCT just fine. Depending on what you're planning on doing with turbos and injectors, you may need to beef it up.
Would a sun coast super duty rebuild kit and a new tc do the job you think

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
depends on whats screwed up... is it slippin? you could probably just do a heavy duty rebuild and a new triple disk converter n haul ace

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Would a sun coast super duty rebuild kit and a new tc do the job you think
It really depends on how much power you're planning on making with the motor once you upgrade the turbo and injectors. The stock trans has proven itself behind 500 hp motors and can hold that and around 1k ft/lbs of torque. If you go with a "daily driver" turbo (meaning something over the top) and a matching set of injectors, a stock tranny should be able to hold up.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
depends on whats screwed up... is it slippin? you could probably just do a heavy duty rebuild and a new triple disk converter n haul ace
well the other day i got into it in some gravel but then it caught and it slipped like crazy for about a mile. maybe it didnt slip but it wasnt acting like all was well. i dont know if that is clutch packs or converter or what. i just know im gonna need to do something pretty soon

·
Registered
772 Posts
For most trucks out there a stock transmission with proper tuning will hold just fine. I dont think you really need a "built" transmission unless you are running a big hp setup. my stock transmission has heald just fine with 15K on a banks chip, another 40K on an sct, then another 5K with 190cc injectors and just now added a 62/70. A bit of towing and I am not always easy on it. Just now slipping in the last month or 2 and ill replace it with another stock 5r when it goes. The trick is all in the tuning to get a good life out of these. If you really want a built tranny then NADP or suncoast seem to be pretty solid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts