Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum. I just bought my first powerstroke 1995 F250 and she will not downshift into 2nd unless I come to almost a complete stop. You think it's the syncro? Also..The AC compressor froze and broke belt do they make a belt to bypass the ac or do I need to get a bypass pulley? Thanks for any help!

·
International Shakes IT!
61 Posts
AC Delete Idler Pulley
(Ford) F5TE 19A216 AB F5TZ 8678 AC
(Motorcraft) YS-261

usually you can shift into it under 10mph in my trucks.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Assuming you have a 5-speed, if it's only doing it in second gear, you probably have a synchro starting to go south. If it's that way in all gears, check the the bushing in the clutch pedal linkage at the clutch master cylinder rod for wear (under the dash). Cheers!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
If under dash is not the issue you could also try a tranny fluid change to full synthetic Redline MTL, works well if synchros are heading south and may buy you some time. Run it in the sig truck and works great. I put in 4 quarts..

jrc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies! I'm gonna change the tranny fluid to the redline and hope that helps just buying the truck I dont wanna sink a ton of money into the trans but what can ya do. Hopefully the ac compressor is just the clutch if not I'm gonna do the AC Delete pulley. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts