Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a 05 f350 6.0, it started skipping about a month ago so i put the ae on it and got p0266 code. We replaced all 8 injectors with 175cc ones. He wanted to upgrade anyway, and it seemed to run good for a couple hundred miles but started skipping again and throwing p0266 code. The buzz test passes all cylinders and I unplugged injector 2 while running and no change in the skipping but I can hear the injector stop firing, plug it back in and hear it start back but no change in motor. Where do I need to start looking now? I'm really tring to figure this out for him and will appreciate any info.

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: need 6.0 expert help, p0266 code, new injectors

forgot to add the skip comes and goes, but the buzz test passed when the truck was skipping. Could the ficm throw that code?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Check your FICM voltage. Also wiggle the injector harness on that injector see of it changes. If so you may have an injector harness problem.

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your FICM voltage. Also wiggle the injector harness on that injector see of it changes. If so you may have an injector harness problem.
Thanks for the reply, I have tried all that and it doesnt make any difference, the ficm voltage is 47.5. The buzz test passes so I think the injector is firing and if I unplug it while its running it doesnt change the way the motor runs but I can hear the injector stop and start as I plug it back in. I think I'm gonna change holes with that injector just to test it, but I dont think that is the problem, because it did it with the old ones and now the new ones and it comes and goes.

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you have an A/E? do a contribution test
I'm kinda new with the a/e but all I can see is a power balance test, I didn't think the a/e will do a contribution test.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
If unplugging the injector doesn't change the way it sounds that seems like the problem. It should start missing if unplugged. There could be something mechanically wrong with the injector even of you here the solenoid and spool valve buzzing. Just a thought. Was it the same cylinder before and after the injectors though? Swapping holes with injectors would deff rule out the injector though.

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep it was the same hole, thats why I'm thinking its not the injector, but I know it could be just a coincidence. Don't injectors normally just go out instead of intermitten skipping?

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm new to diagnosing, I'm a parts changer...lol

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
No problem at all. They can intermittent miss. But usually has to do with warm to cold motor under a load or not etc.... Doesn't make much sense to miss randomly then clear up with all variables being equal.

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A/E has a new update //make sure you have it ??
I will have to get that update, mine is only about 6months old but I don't have the ct test. Thanks for the info.

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We figured it out, one of the new injectors went bad, they sent us a new one and all is good now, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I will have to get that update, mine is only about 6months old but I don't have the ct test. Thanks for the info.
I think you need the ford package to have the cyl. contribution test... It is possible that something is wrong with the injector. Did you install them? What did you torque them down to? some people have had issues from not cleaning the hold down threading in the head before torquing it down. I would bet that is the case, **most** injector builders have gotten alot better lately.

·
Registered
168 Posts
what brand injectors were they?

·
I'm learning
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are Warren Diesel injectors, 175cc stock nozzel. Jess is a great guy to do business with and I have nothing but good to say about him and his products. This was the first set of 6.0 injectors I have ever changed, I made sure to lube the o rings and I torqued the holdes to 28ft/lbs. I don't really see any reason for only one to act up if it were installiation error, Jess had no problem sending me a new one and I explained to him it was my first set. After installing the new one it ran perfect so I am confident that it was something in the injector but can't say for sure it wasn't my bad. For the price and the quality of service I think Warren Diesel is hard to beat, I'm sure things happen with all the other injector builders out there on occasion too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts