Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got to reading the manual for the ndash I had for my 6.4 it says you can scan for signals for different vehicles so I hooked it up to my 96 F250 it found 198 signals to use so I tried a few out.

Injector control pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, and manifold gauge pressure as well as a few others a couple signals seemed close but others such as engine coolant was reading -40 never moved others would have no reading at all. Any thoughts on what would cause the odd reading on some of the gauges?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The icp reading at idle was around 500 psi and I opened it up a little on the road and when accelerating it hit about 1300 would these be anywhere accurate?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think what I may need to do is somehow get the custom pids they are using on the forscan app and get them plugged into my ndash. If anyone has any ideas on what I may need to do to utilize my ndash to monitor gauges that would be awesome thank you

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
The OBS does not have a coolant temperature input to the PCM. There is only the gauge signal and the overtemp switch output to the light. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
From the Powertrain Control and Emissions Diagnosis Manual:

Inputs to the PCM:
A/C Pressure Switch
Brake Lamp Switch
CPS
Clutch Pedal Position Switch
IAT
Transmission Control Switch
Vehicle Speed Sensor