Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry if this is a duplicate post. Just wondering how many of you out there are experiencing issue with your nav system? I have a 2014 platinum with sync and the navigation is useless. The arrow is not in the correct position on the screen so it always thinks in getting off the highway and try's to re route me. I called dealer he said google it, it's a problem when you change the wheels. I've also lifted mine, now I'm no electronic genius but I know that lifting a truck vertically doesn't change the calibration left or right in conjunction with the satellites.

I did google it and it appears that this is quite an issue with all Fords and Lincoln's dating back to 2011 that have My Ford Touch or Sync.

It seems that the "tires" don't have any issue this is happening to vehicles stock or not so bad to the point that there are a few class action suits.

My dealer is being cool, he said we'll se what he can do to help but can't make promises.

It seems as though there's a bit of an issue that Ford needs to address and hasn't.

So just wanted to see how many super duty's out there have this same issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't even get my navigation to work on my 2014. I talked with someone from Sync services and had me do a master reset but didn't make a difference. Will be something I definitely take up with the dealer when it goes in for its next service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't even get my navigation to work on my 2014. I talked with someone from Sync services and had me do a master reset but didn't make a difference. Will be something I definitely take up with the dealer when it goes in for its next service.

I did some more research on the web and found this has been an issue since 2011 to the point of a class action suit. This is happening on all ford vehicles with sync.

Good news is what I did find is the aster reset" sync tells you to do isn't enough. You need to park your vehicle with a clear view of the sky for about an hour and disconnect the battery or batteries. This will delete the memory stored in the system. I did this the other day and now my nav is working flawlessly. This is ridiculous we as owners have to do this and that the dealers either play stupid or don't have more info, but I guess admitting there's a problem would be a huge liability.

I hope this fixes yours as it did mine.

·
Chachi
237 Posts
Hey guys sorry if this is a duplicate post. Just wondering how many of you out there are experiencing issue with your nav system? I have a 2014 platinum with sync and the navigation is useless. The arrow is not in the correct position on the screen so it always thinks in getting off the highway and try's to re route me. I called dealer he said google it, it's a problem when you change the wheels. I've also lifted mine, now I'm no electronic genius but I know that lifting a truck vertically doesn't change the calibration left or right in conjunction with the satellites.

I did google it and it appears that this is quite an issue with all Fords and Lincoln's dating back to 2011 that have My Ford Touch or Sync.

It seems that the "tires" don't have any issue this is happening to vehicles stock or not so bad to the point that there are a few class action suits.

My dealer is being cool, he said we'll se what he can do to help but can't make promises.

It seems as though there's a bit of an issue that Ford needs to address and hasn't.

So just wanted to see how many super duty's out there have this same issue.

has your sync system been updated to the latest calibration? I work at a ford dealer and have dealt with a lot of sync issues, master resets will work for some but it is not 100%, best thing to do is take your truck to the dealer and ask if it has the latest update for sync, also, what type of phone do you have?, if you have an iphone with the emojis (smiley faces) app get rid of that app it likes to mess with the sync system, also the new iphone 5's are starting to disrupt the sync system as well

hope that helps some

·
Registered
72 Posts
It did this with my '13 after I had my lift and tires installed. I unhooked both batteries for 10 min then reconnected and worked properly ever since.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 14 platinum and its been great until today it was pretty bad off but im guessing it was because of the massive amount of road construction I was in. Im curious now though I hadn't used it much but I will now just to see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has your sync system been updated to the latest calibration? I work at a ford dealer and have dealt with a lot of sync issues, master resets will work for some but it is not 100%, best thing to do is take your truck to the dealer and ask if it has the latest update for sync, also, what type of phone do you have?, if you have an iphone with the emojis (smiley faces) app get rid of that app it likes to mess with the sync system, also the new iphone 5's are starting to disrupt the sync system as well

hope that helps some

Yes it's up to date and I do have an iPhone 5s

The battery disconnect did the trick.

I just think it's rather absurd that the dealers (per Ford's instruction) are saying that it's due to my tires and now my lift. Now possibly because emoji's are on my phone? Lol

The bottom line is I love my truck but Ford needs to step up and get together with Microsoft or whomever to get a software fix out to there customers.

Or tell the dealers to check this and disconnect batteries before they sell a vehicle.

I'm thankful disconnecting the battery did the trick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nav in my 13 sucks as well. Been back to the dealer 4 or 5 times and still doesn't work any better. Pretty frustrating as the nav in my 2011 worked flawlessly. I guess I will try the battery disconnect and report. Mine is stock height with aftermarket wheels.

·
My other twin turbo...
1,066 Posts
I am wondering if the trucks only touch base with the satellites every so often. If the navigation relied on correct tire diameter to calculate some position data then that might explain it. I have no idea though. Mine seems to be maybe 40 or 50 feet off sometimes when I cross streets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am wondering if the trucks only touch base with the satellites every so often. If the navigation relied on correct tire diameter to calculate some position data then that might explain it. I have no idea though. Mine seems to be maybe 40 or 50 feet off sometimes when I cross streets.

No it has absolutely nothing to do with tires don't believe the crap Ford is selling, when you have a view of the sky the vehicle has constant contact with the satellites. It's no different than a gps speedo or the satellite radio, the issue is simply the software and the sync system not resetting.

I have had no issues since I disconnected battery and forced the memory of the system to erase, knock on wood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nav in my 13 sucks as well. Been back to the dealer 4 or 5 times and still doesn't work any better. Pretty frustrating as the nav in my 2011 worked flawlessly. I guess I will try the battery disconnect and report. Mine is stock height with aftermarket wheels.
Wow I'm amazed did the disconnect and the nav has been flawless. I held off reporting for a while just to make sure but it has been great. I have been so frustrated with mine. I'm really wondering if the aftermarket wheels do throw these systems off, makes no sense why they would. Any way very happy that this worked, if only the dealers knew this trick. Would have saved me a lot of time and money. Thanks again:bowfast:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having issues with my touch screen not working right in my 14 F250. I figured I would try the disconnect and see if it would reset it but when I hooked it back up there is now a wrench showing lit up on my dash. Any ideas why?

·
Registered
27 Posts
No it has absolutely nothing to do with tires don't believe the crap Ford is selling, when you have a view of the sky the vehicle has constant contact with the satellites. It's no different than a gps speedo or the satellite radio, the issue is simply the software and the sync system not resetting.

I have had no issues since I disconnected battery and forced the memory of the system to erase, knock on wood.

I am not sure about these new MyFordTouch navigation systems which come in the 2013 and up trucks (still working to fully understand them) but for the older "brick" style navigation units in the 2009 through 2012 trucks the wheel counts and directional gyros are the primary means of locating the moving icon (the red arrow) on the screen. The satellite signals are used only for correction to the "dead reckoning".

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts