Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been or known anyone that has? I'm considering it for when I get out of the military and would love to be a NASCAR mechanic, better yet a driver but I realize that won't happen. I don't want to hear you bitch if you don't like NASCAR don't read the thread. I have some friends that went to the UTI campus in Phoenix and had great things to say about it but wasn't sure how "sure" the job placement was afterword. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
421 Posts
My buddy went there, he was a great mechanic, clean background, no crimes etc. but he couldn't get a job in Nascar on a pit crew or anything of that sort, after he talked to a bunch of old classmates just about noone got into Nascar either. I guess it's not a good rate for students getting on a Nascar team at all, but he can get a job at any dealership/garage/etc. He has only been out of school for 2 years, so who knows what his future has for him, he might get a call from Nascar some day, but as of now he regrets going there, he would have rather went to a different technical school that wasn't so expensive. Also he said alot of the people were... for lack of a better term, retarded.

I can shoot him a text tomorrow and see what exactly he didn't like about the school and what he did, them are just a few things I remember from talking to him.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the price doesn't matter to me it's paid for by my GI Bill. I kind of figured you wouldn't get on a NASCAR team right away. I sent them an email asking about what the job placement was like. I also read something about how you have to have a 3.8 GPA or something like that to pretty much have a guaranteed spot on a race team within the NASCAR sanctioned classes. Any other info you can give me would be awesome

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's definitely a dream job for sure! Driving would be the ultimate but....I like the looks of UNOH so far...hmmm got me thinking...I have family over there but they're in NE Ohio....hmm...any more info?

·
blame the dog..
1,945 Posts
one of my grease monkeys got called up.. last I knew, he was on the janitorial crew...
a job on a NASCAR team might mean you mount tires for the assembly process..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts