Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading on the forums Cat coolant (which is in my truck) and NAPA ELC are the best coolants to use. Went to pick up some Zerex from NAPA to use in a buddies truck and the part number I gave the guy, ZXED1, was meet with a blank look. He said that the G-05 in a gold bottle #3477 was the only Diesel ELC he carried. Is this the correct stuff??

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, looks like I got a dumbass when I was in NAPA.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Reading on the forums Cat coolant (which is in my truck) and NAPA ELC are the best coolants to use. Went to pick up some Zerex from NAPA to use in a buddies truck and the part number I gave the guy, ZXED1, was meet with a blank look. He said that the G-05 in a gold bottle #3477 was the only Diesel ELC he carried. Is this the correct stuff??
Zerex G-05 is not an ELC, ELCs meet Cat EC-1 and/or Cummins 14603 (Zerex HD ELC meets both) and are OAT based...not Hybrid OATs, which G05 is. G-05 is the same thing as MC gold and Mopar pink.

Not sure on a part number but I no mine carries elc in a gray bottle Nd the coolant is orange.
Be careful with orange coolants many are Dex-Cool coolants which Ford's were not designed to run.

·
Administrator
32,962 Posts
as stated He was selling you the Gold stuff that is the same as the Factory fill

He's not really a dumbass ?
when your going into uncharted territory(coolant swap) you have to know what your after on your own

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, like they say "A picture is worth a thousand words."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts