Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is my first diesel and i am a noob to it still lol. its an 04 6.0. i was wondering what all i need to do a general tune up on it? money isnt to big of an issue regarding this but i aint rich either! lol so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great! Also if this is in the wrong section feel free to let me know or move it. Thanks!

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Do a search to find alot of good info.
But I would start with
Coolant flush and install a coolant filter
Sct tuner with any good tune from a vendor
Some gauges or cts
Also make sure you up keep on regular maintenance. Ie (oil,fuel filters) use only motorcraft!

·
Registered
287 Posts
^x2

do the blue spring upgrade and install a fuel pressure gauge. if you get the sct which is the best and safest tuner, get a 4in exhaust. switch to some 5w-40 synthetic oil and get a scangauge2 or edge cts for moniroring. also, what color is the coolant. if its gold, i would flush that out with restore and restore+ and then put in cat ec-1 rated elc. also, pull the egr valve and clean that. check for any coolant in the intake.

DTS Articles - 6.0L EGR Valve Cleaning

these guys might interest u LOL

·
Registered
129 Posts
save your money, get that "tune up in a can stuff",, put seafoam in the tank, in the crank,fresh oil, filters, and a block heater for them ND nights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts