Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 f350. Slow over night drip. I've checked all connections and fittings at top side and all are tight and dry, as well as engine valley. Not too sure where else to look. Attached is a photo as to where it's dripping from the engine cross member. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,256 Posts
Water pump is my guess

·
Registered
83 Posts
05 f350. Slow over night drip. I've checked all connections and fittings at top side and all are tight and dry, as well as engine valley. Not too sure where else to look. Attached is a photo as to where it's dripping from the engine cross member. Any help is appreciated.
When mine was leaking in that location I found out it was the EGR delete hose clamp needed to be tightened. Coolant would leak down the valley and down the back of the block.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a very similar leak that i have narrowed to my egr delete. it is a slow leak and not really noticeable at the degas bottle but enough to have driven me mad for a while

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
OP, if your valley is truly dry, then I would just continue to eliminate possibilities. Water pump is definitely one, but don't neglect the stuff the others mentioned. Also, don't rule out the block heater without actually taking a look. Oh, and if you see coolant on the bottom of the pump, but it doesn't look like it's coming from the pump, but above....there's a weep hole in the top of the pump it could be coming from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts