Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15.79 bad exhaust leak, would NOT spool, bouncing off rev limiter in 1st
http://videos.powerstrokenation.com/video/wm/48ed1a6c-f198-4434-9332-997a001f3442.htm

15.09 bad exhaust leak, set on pre stage til she spooled this time, still bouncing off rev limiter. This was actually launching in my 100 setting then swtich to extreme after 1-2 shift finally happened.
http://videos.powerstrokenation.com/video/wm/6483b452-1b17-4aa6-9c24-997a001ad729.htm

I did another slow run like 15.59 but no vid.

I had to let off both times and get back into it before the 1-2 would complete.

We are tweaking shift points, different valve body, and *hopefully* live tuning, then I'll get back on the slab. :redspotdance:

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
Does something with altitude make 'em bounce off the rev limiter? Mine was doing that like crazy at the DPC in Utah but we figured it may have been the transfer case chain getting loose and slipping or something. Wasn't doing it at Bowling green.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does something with altitude make 'em bounce off the rev limiter? Mine was doing that like crazy at the DPC in Utah but we figured it may have been the transfer case chain getting loose and slipping or something. Wasn't doing it at Bowling green.
You know that's a good question elmo. I think this is a tuning/shift point issue in my case though. Something Jody and John Wood ran across when Jody was in CA. Just need my tunes updated since then.

injectors, oil and 4wd? 15.09?
yes sir, 180cc's w stock nozzles, terminator, and 4x4.

I really think it has a mid/low 14 in it. It's just way stronger on the street than a 15.xx truck.
Gene told me if his 6.0 hits the rev limiter 1 time, it was second. I know stroked lightning is a good bit faster, but the theory is the same. hitting the rev limiter, lifting all the way off the throttle, losing boost, and getting back in it = not good for 1/4mi times.

There is a track that is close to 4500ft elevation, I'm gonna get on that when I get the up pipes, valvebody, and tuning done. :ford:

·
RDRCM
1,922 Posts
hmm

My truck has stock injectors, iddy biddy oil, GTP38R, SES at half track and 2wd

60'............... 2.358
1/8.............. 9.83
mph..............71.xx
1/4...............15.38
mph..............87.88
You need to send some money wildmans way!

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm

My truck has stock injectors, iddy biddy oil, GTP38R, SES at half track and 2wd

You need to send some money wildmans way!
eh, I would own you on the street :D

we'll get er tweeked and back to the track.

EVERYTHING was against me, low boost because of exhaust leak, wouldn't shift, wouldn't spool, yadda yadda yadda

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
I was smacking the crap out of the rev limiter on the 1-2 and hittin' it pretty good on the 2-3 and went from a 12.18 @ 111.71 to a 12.8? @ 107.?? .

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep, it really takes the wind out of your sails to tap the limiter.
You can see my truck slow down right out of the 60', and then pick back up after it shifts.

Does it on my sled pulls too, loooong delay, then bwaaaaaah, there's 2nd.

·
ford man
45 Posts
Quit complainin about your time heck of a lot better than mine

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guys, you don't run good 1/4mi times bouncing off the rev limiter and not shifting......

It has nothing else to do with my tunes except for shift points.

Look at what all the fastest 7.3's run... Jody is more than capable of making trucks go fast. I'm 100% happy with my tunes and NEVER notice this except on a hard launch at the strip.

My STOCK trans is probably taking a crap too. :shrug:

I posted these so we can compare when I get back to the track after some tweaks. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts