Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'd like to thank Paul at Complete Performance for getting this to me. I wanted to write this because I had noticed somethings with my chip that I had not read about or heard from others. I want to make it clear that these are STOCK TS TUNES not custom burnt by any vendor on this site.

Installation - Installing the chip is cake. I had read that it could take as long as an hour and a half to install it but it took me all of twenty minutes, including reinstalling the E-brake pedal and reconnecting the batteries. One thing I wish I had used was a 3 inch extension for taking the E-brake pedal off because some of the nuts are hard to get to without it.

Power - Power is noticeable even in 50hp. I had a Diablo 50hp chip before and I can tell the difference between that 50hp and the TS tune 50hp. In 100 or 140hp tune that tires will break loose and 80hp is a great DD tune. I towed a 2000lb open trailer with 6000lb of mulch on it and it towed it like there was nothing there in 50hp. It feels like a new truck!

Shifting - Shifting is MUCH smoother with the TS. You can't even feel the shift from first to second. Third gear is very short and smooth and precise where as my truck used to slam into third. One interesting thing I noticed is that when your cruising at say, 45mph, and you let off the gas the truck doesn't shift out of your current gear. It winds down until you hit the brake pedal. It allows you to coast alot more, but only happens at higher speeds. Also the RPMs seem to run lower at highway speeds. My truck will sit at 1500 rpms at 50mph and won't move as much as I increase speed, I have 4.10s on stock tires.

Smoke - There is a good bit of smoke in 80hp, 100hp, and 140hp tunes. (this is for those of you looking for smoke, I for one don't care).

Glowplugs and start up - Something I wasn't expecting was that the glowplug light is much shorter then it used to be. Even on the first days start up its 5 seconds long or less. Also my truck no longer lopes or "romps" for a few seconds at start up.

Sound - Truck is noticeably louder. I have had several people tell me so. Turbo whistle is louder and so is the engine noise. At WOT it pops which is awesome!

Overall I am VERY happy with my TS Chip. Considering how much difference there is with these tunes I cannot wait to get it custom tuned. I have been officially bitten by the diesel performance bug I am SO excited to dig into my truck with mods. Anyone thinking about this chip don't hesitate.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
sounds like a nice improvement for you, so did you pull the e-brake to make it so you can get the wire thru? or did you access the pcm thru the cab?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Glowplugs and start up - Something I wasn't expecting was that the glowplug light is much shorter then it used to be. Even on the first days start up its 5 seconds long or less.

Normal when going from a strategy like NAWx to TDE1. The mapping for the glow plug light on-time is much shorter on the TDE1.

I actually had a customer ask me to transfer his NAW4 glow plug light map to the TDE1 programming on a chip because it bothered him that the light didn't stay on nearly as long.

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like a nice improvement for you, so did you pull the e-brake to make it so you can get the wire thru? or did you access the pcm thru the cab?
You have to pull the pedal to access the PCM.

Normal when going from a strategy like NAWx to TDE1. The mapping for the glow plug light on-time is much shorter on the TDE1.

I actually had a customer ask me to transfer his NAW4 glow plug light map to the TDE1 programming on a chip because it bothered him that the light didn't stay on nearly as long.
Yeah I have a TED1 I think. Are they glow plugs still warming up as much as they should be?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
You have to pull the pedal to access the PCM.

Yeah I have a TED1 I think. Are they glow plugs still warming up as much as they should be?
Yes, the light is a dummy light. Doesn't show actual time for how long the plugs are on, They are still doing their thing.

·
Cantankerous Old Redneck
627 Posts
I also am very happy with this TS chip. pretty much everything works the way you wish it would if you could have what you want. that's hard to find these days....

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Do you have stock injectors?

·
Registered
134 Posts
:whs:
Paul can also hook you up with a quad pod and some gauges.

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then the most power you are getting is a 75HP increase.

Also, i didnt see any gauges in your sig. You will want to add a EGT gauge before you melt down your engine
EGT gauge wont stop me from melting the engine, keeping off the pedal and driving wisely will, which is what I have been doing.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
EGT gauge wont stop me from melting the engine, keeping off the pedal and driving wisely will, which is what I have been doing.
Not exactly. Knowing what your temps are a surefire way to not damage anything...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sounds good, one of these days I'll get a custom tuned 6pos

Not exactly. Knowing what your temps are a surefire way to not damage anything...
After running for year without an EGT gauge...I'm not sure I want to know how hot it gets...:eek:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Sounds good, one of these days I'll get a custom tuned 6pos

After running for year without an EGT gauge...I'm not sure I want to know how hot it gets...:eek:
Do what you want with your truck but it's playing with fire...

·
00stroke97
31 Posts
where exactly did you order your ts 6 pos, from ive thought of getting one from advancediesel.com for around $259

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where exactly did you order your ts 6 pos, from ive thought of getting one from advancediesel.com for around $259
Got mine from Paul at Complete Performance. PM BigStroker on here and he will set you up

·
Registered
134 Posts
Those guy's are a joke and ruin it for true diesel shops.

PM me if your interested in getting a chip or anything else for your rig.
I don't know anything about Advancediesel.com:confused:. I use vendors that support the forums, especially the guys that take the time to chime in with good advice and share their expertise and experience like Complete Performance mentioned above and others....just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts