Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the current issues I am facing. If you have any Ideas on the fix, let me know. I work too damn much and I don't have time to chase around fixes myself, so I am seeking ya'lls help......
1) My OD light quit working. Not sure how long it's been down, but I hit it the other day and nothing happened. Light didn't come on, and truck didn't shift out of OD

2) My Isspro tranny temp guage is acting more like a tachometer. I glanced at it this morning on the way to work and it was pegged out, after I shat myself it went back down to the usual 130-140ish....then back up, then down and so on.

3) Sounds like something is loose on my driver's side front end. I yanked on everything down there suspension wise and all seems good. It makes a noise everytime I hit a bump, God I hope my bearing assembly ain't goin out again.

4)My truck shakes worse than Michael J Fox at speeds above 67mph. Everything rattles inside and gets really annoying. I just had my tires balanced and it helped a little. Probably time for an alignment, but I am wainting till I take the lift off.....hopefully soon.

5) Also this morning on the way to work I hit a good bump in the road and my CEL came on and lost power momentarily....hasn't done it since. Maybe my truck doesn't like waking up @ 4:30am either, not sure.

Well take your best crack @ it and I'll try it out, thanks guys.

·
Banned
459 Posts
just pull the cap of the end of your shifter and un plug the od swithc and get a new one and plug it in i had the same problem

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just pull the cap of the end of your shifter and un plug the od swithc and get a new one and plug it in i had the same problem
Will try it, thanks.

·
Dieselized
526 Posts
Do you pull a trailer? With the lights hooked up it will not shift out of O/D when the button is pressed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
i think the hard bump may just be the accelerator pedal i have one at work that gets pissy if you lift up on the pedal with your toe it throws a ses light dead pedal for aboutt 3 seconds then on your mary way

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you pull a trailer? With the lights hooked up it will not shift out of O/D when the button is pressed.
Nope, no trailer behind me lately.

i think the hard bump may just be the accelerator pedal i have one at work that gets pissy if you lift up on the pedal with your toe it throws a ses light dead pedal for aboutt 3 seconds then on your mary way
I will try to make it do it in the morning to see if that's the problem.

I have an Edge box I use to pull codes but the screen quit workin, I'll go borrow a buddys tomorrow to see if there are any codes.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
#1- as stated above
#2- bad gauge or thermocouple
#3- shocks or a bushing
#4- could be a bad alignment, crappy balance job, or the driveshaft is out of balance.
#5- could have a lose connector or a bad wire that is rubbing. Pull th codes and that will tell ya where to start looking.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6) My A/C blows harder on reg a/c than max a/c. When I turn it to max it sounds like alot of air is blowing behind the glove box but not makin it to the vents. With SE Texas summer here this is a must fix.

I know an obvious cure to all these ills would be a new truck. But with this one paid off and buying a new home sometime this year, Dave Ramsey says NO! But man, the 2011's look sweet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Curious to know what the knock in the front end is
I honestly think it has something to do with my trackbar mounting bracket. When I installed the lift and put on the new bracket one of the nuts broke from it's weld on the tab that holds the 2 nuts inside the frame before I could get it all the way tight. But that was 6 years ago, and the noise just started about a year ago. I had Texas Offroad in Nederland change the leaf spring bushings a while back and that cured it for a bit.:shrug:

·
Registered
699 Posts
The OD light is probably worn wires in the column. Mine didn't work for a while the one day I had a lot of smoke coming from my steering wheel as my truck lost acceleration and gauges. Easy fix just splice and tape.

Pyro is probably a bad gauge or temp sender.

Front end could be sway bar end links. Possibly ball joints. Mine was broken pieces in the auto lock hubs.

Every time I have had a shaking at a certain speed it has been bad balancing, alignment or something else out of balance, like a drive shaft, or a bad U joint.

The random CEL after a bump sounds like a bad connection somewhere, possibly the PCM or since you lost power, possibly battery connections somewhere.

Good luck. I hate following multiple problems all at once.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Check the bottom shock mount eye bushings. These trucks are notorious for beating them to death for some reason. Check the wiring to the CPS for the intermittent loss of power/ses light issue. Shaking at highway speeds could be out of balance tires, bad hub bearing unit, ball joints, axle u-joints if the hubs are locked in, drvieshaft out of balance/dented/lost a weight, bad driveshaft u-joint. Also check the trackbar bushings as they can also cause a wobble/shake. O/D light and not shifting out of overdrive is wither the switch or the wires haverubbed through causing a short or open condition.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have diagnosed problem #1 as worn wires where they go through the shifter. Not sure if I'll bee able to splice it there. Gonna check it out this weekend.

I did some pokin around and diagnosed the jumpy trans gauge as a ground issue, problem fixed.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
#3 could be the down links on your anti sway bar..
kinda sounds like an old matress squeaking, pretty cheap fix.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
#3 could be the down links on your anti sway bar..
kinda sounds like an old matress squeaking, pretty cheap fix.
When I put the lift on I never put the sway bar back on. I intended to, but never got around to it. When I pull the lift off it will go back on for sure.

·
Registered
531 Posts
#4 could be that the tires are out of round and would need to be trued to correct as a perfectly balanced tire that is out of round will ride like sh!t

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
#4 could be that the tires are out of round and would need to be trued to correct as a perfectly balanced tire that is out of round will ride like sh!t
There is slight uneven wear on the inside tread, but they all balanced correctly about a month ago. New shocks are on my list of to do, as soon as I find stock suspension to put back under the truck.....hopefully real soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts