Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Just out of curiousity the only feature i like about the edge platinum is the turbo timer to let the turbo cool down, does the SCT have this feature or do i still have to buy a separate timer?

·
Registered
956 Posts
as far as everyone saying to stay away from the juice with attitude is because its a chip that runs off several sensors in the truck some of which can get full of soot and cause false perameters and basically screws with the setting the chip is reading which can really hurt the truck! i was going to get that for my 7.3 but everyone i talked to (even a friend that sells the juice with attitude) said not to buy them. however i would like to know more about sct would you recommend them for the 7.3's? and where do you get your tunes from?

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
I love my xcal3 with Truck Source Diesel tunes. The panty dropper tune is what I keep it set on unless pulling our three horse slant which is pretty heavy. Custom tuning on the SCT is the only way to go IMHO. I hear lots of great things about all the vendors tunes on this site, but TSD being my local shop, I went with their set up and I have been very pleased.

Besides if you do have to re-tune your truck it doesn't take but a couple of minutes. SOTF is over-rated if you ask me unless your rowing gears and the transmission doesn't have to learn a new strategy. The transmission is far too expensive for me to think about endangering.

Give anyone that sponsors here and does 6.0 tuning and see what they can do for you.

Truck Source's tuning I can say for sure through my own experience is outstanding!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
you call them or email them and then they will email you the tunes you want... you can also have them send the programmer with tunes

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
was sitting at a stop light and my truck revved up turned it and aint looking back

·
mmmm...beer....
418 Posts
im in the learning process so when someone says GO WITH SCT SELL THE EDGE id like to know WHY you think that to give me more info on how to base my desicion its not that i dont believe you guys i just dont have experience with sct but i do with edge so its like your just telling me to get rid of edge get sct but not having experience with sct id like to know WHY im not trying to sound stupid i just want you to educate me so i can learn not be hated on this forum and known for it
Sounds like you're getting it figured out.

I can tell you from first hand experience that the EJP can cause all sorts of funky problems, even when supposedly set to stock and out of the loop. My truck had one on it when I bought it and really wanted to keep it for the Attitude monitor. No dice.

In my case, the EJP caused a severe white smoke/loss of power issue, even when set to "stock" or 0. The moment I removed the Edge, my problems went away.

The transmission never seemed to be quite settled with the Edge. Shift flare, delayed shifts, abrupt/unnecessary down shifting, etc, etc. was status quo for the edge. It flat out felt like $hit. Don't even get me started on the shift de-fuel.:rolleyes:
What a worthless pile of cap feature to cover up for lack of tranny tuning.:lame:

61 - 72 of 72 Posts