Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 new holland tc40 diesel tractor. I like it its a good small tractor but I would like for it to have just alittle more power I can kill it scooping up dirt and I think alittle more power would be good. Its a non turbo motor and is rated at 40hp. The motor is a Shibaura N844 4cyl. I tried to do some research and find out some info about it but could not find much. I know there are some company's that make chips for them but I could not not find one for this small of a tractor. I didn't know if putting a straight pipe and a air filter would make a diff like on a truck. Any ideas????

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I have a 2002 new holland tc40 diesel tractor. I like it its a good small tractor but I would like for it to have just alittle more power I can kill it scooping up dirt and I think alittle more power would be good. Its a non turbo motor and is rated at 40hp. The motor is a Shibaura N844 4cyl. I tried to do some research and find out some info about it but could not find much. I know there are some company's that make chips for them but I could not not find one for this small of a tractor. I didn't know if putting a straight pipe and a air filter would make a diff like on a truck. Any ideas????
If you're like my Dad when he's using ours, he needs to drop to the next lower range, then it has more than enough power. He always tries to use road gear I swear.

I've never had a problem with stalling ours when using the front end loader moving gravel, and you are correct, it's right around 40hp, 38hp to be exact IIRC.

Dave

I

·
0 Posts

Is it a hydro?

I

·
0 Posts
Yeah it is.

This is in low/low when I kill it.
I had a TC45 that was pretty weak also. The combination of the size of the tractor and the hydro transmission make them pretty weak. I don't think there is much you can do to make them have sufficient power. No turbo doesn't help matters. I sold mine and bought a JD 4720. It also has a hydro but it has a 4cyl Powertech turbo with 66hp. Night and day difference..

I

·
0 Posts
Hydro is fine if it has three ranges and at least 12gpm. A hydro is hard to beat if you do a lot of loader work. You just have to do your homework.
GPM, three ranges and turbo are important. The TC40/45 are two range and 9gpm and non turbo. Minimum hydro I would buy would be a JD 4005. Three cyl Yarnmar turbo, three range hydro and 12GPM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts