Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time for my truck has finally come! I'm getting studs,new EGR cooler(new smog laws),oil cooler, and a 4 guage pillar, but I'm wondering if anyone has any more input on what else can be done while everything is apart. I know this subject has been brought up a few times but it seems we always learn something new every few weeks. I'm not doing a fuel system because I'm keeping stock injectors and I'm primarily towing, and I've heard mixed information on reliability. Anything you guys can think of(that doesn't cost a fortune,getting new tires to the tune of about $1600 too), just give the info. I'm sure the guys doing my studs with all the experience they have will have some input as well, but I figure the more people chime in the better!!:tree:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I have a 4" exhaust and do those coolant lines really help? I mean it makes sense, but how many have used it?

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
you can do a crossover line for the fuel. Trusted performance has a great kit. i have it on my truck. It can be done with the cab on, but its a LOT easier if the cab is off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks like a good kit. Anything else anybody can think of? It goes in tomorrow morning so keep the suggestions coming!

·
Diesel Enthusiast
392 Posts
Sorry to hear you to put a new EGR cooler on.

You mentioned new smog laws, do they actually look under the cooler and vale to see that it is functioning? How do they do that?

·
Registered
103 Posts
elite has a coolant recirculation hose that taps into both heads to keep the heads cool. it can only be done with the geads off
:whs:i had this done to mine too, it also ties into my coolant filtration kit.

here are a few pics from when mine were done. you can see the silver AN fitting by the flex pipe.

here is the other with a blue AN tee that gets tied into the coolant filter

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They don't look under the cooler, but they are planning to scan the truck to see if the EGR valve is working(I'll have it turned off the rest of the year) and it has to see exhaust to work and not set off a DTC or check engine light from coming on, and that will fail the smog test.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts