Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Proudly Serving The USA
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I was never impressed with my DP tuner in my truck. From idle to 1600rpms it was a dog then would take off like a rocket to 2400rpms then fall on its face in the 80e setting. It's been this way since I got the tuner 2 years ago. Over this time my truck began to smoke more on acceleration and fuel economy decreased.

Just installed the modded 17 HPOP and it took care of all the truck's ailments! I also gained a good 3psi boost and now can hit 26psi in the 80e and 23psi in the stock setting. The truck pulls all the way thru the power band to redline. It is like a whole new truck again. The power is very linear and smooth. I can hit 20psi in 1st and about 22psi in 2nd gear. Before I could maybe muster up 10psi in 1st and about 15psi in 2nd. It has much more power and boost in the lower rpms off idle.

If anyone is on the fence about this pump, especially someone who has an early '99 or OBS, this pump will take care of all your needs. I know many have bought the Adrenaline Pump and like it, but I'm providing a review on an alternate option for those who may be interested in it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
how much does this cost? who did the mod terminator engineering?

·
Proudly Serving The USA
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes Terminator Engineering does the modded pump. You have to pm Joey at Terminator for pricing. It's very resonable.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Are they cheaper then the adrenaline?

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I was going to run the adrenaline until I can get a better system. They are hybrids so I think it will be alright for now. Will that hurt anything? Or just not perform like it should?

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Are they cheaper then the adrenaline?
I could be wrong, but I dont think its in the same league as adrenalines. If I remember right, its just some minor mods to a stuck pump to help it put out more than stock. But like I said I could be wrong.

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
IMHO for the price i don't think you can beat it. No more CEL for me, unless i'm absolutely running the crap out of it.

·
Proudly Serving The USA
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am happy with it and will stick with it for now. With my stock injectors and only the DP 80e, this truck scoots along pretty good now.

·
Proudly Serving The USA
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm now getting 26psi effortlessly whereas before I would struggle to get to 24psi.

·
Proudly Serving The USA
104 Posts
Yes I have AE, but having issues connecting to my truck. I can connect to my 02 ex and my brother's 01 F250. Still checking it out. With this pump, it provided me a noticeable SOTP feel.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i have to hook the truck upto a scanner and see what my stock hpop is putting out

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
The subject of this thread is the modded 17deg pump from Terminator. There are a couple of you that need to quit adding in the derail the thread material.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Iirc this is a modded bosch pump, there have been a few users with them lpossibly moose or a few others, most very quite happy with them. I am sure bcodes etc will want more,
But joey has twins for that. If I hazzard a total guess I would put it just behind the aden but it is prob cheaper. So yet another option for those who want a lil more caffine for their truck.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
IMHO for the price i don't think you can beat it. No more CEL for me, unless i'm absolutely running the crap out of it.
With my adrenaline even when I was ragging the crap out of it with old oil I never set a CEL. Heck even with my 285's I barely set a CEL. So what I am getting at is if you are setting a CEL with it you still have an issue somewhere.

·
An Ancient view on life
314 Posts
Nice to see competition. Keeps everyone in check.

JonFord

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
With my adrenaline even when I was ragging the crap out of it with old oil I never set a CEL. Heck even with my 285's I barely set a CEL. So what I am getting at is if you are setting a CEL with it you still have an issue somewhere.
Tuning can be the cause as well. Some Tuners can shut that 1211 off.

Data logs are the best.

Chris, I'm glad you are enjoying your pump. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts