Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! I finally created a profile after a couple years of following PSN for knowledge and advice. I'm ready to start planning my build!

Here's what I have so far. 2002 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 2wd crew cab short bed about 148,000 miles on it. Engine wise, I put a custom 6637 Tymar style intake on and a 4" down pipe to 5" straight pipe exit in front of RR tire.
4" Fabtech lift and 315/75 16s and 3.73LS in the back.

Here's the plan in order of priority.
1. Isspro EV2 Pyro, Fuel and Trans gauges.
2. Garrett 38R turbo.
3. TUNING (still undecided regarding who to go with)
4. Stage 1 Injectors

Any advice would be great regarding tuning and injector selection.
I'm not looking to have the fastest truck on the road I just want to wake her up a little bit....maybe it's just me but she seems a little sluggish compared to my friends stock 6.0.

Also, if anyone is running a similar set up. What kind of power are you making or what can I expect?? I checked and I do have PMRs so I don't want to cause them too much stress.

Thanks!!

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Hey everyone! I finally created a profile after a couple years of following PSN for knowledge and advice. I'm ready to start planning my build!

Here's what I have so far. 2002 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 2wd crew cab short bed about 148,000 miles on it. Engine wise, I put a custom 6637 Tymar style intake on and a 4" down pipe to 5" straight pipe exit in front of RR tire.
4" Fabtech lift and 315/75 16s and 3.73LS in the back.

Here's the plan in order of priority.
1. Isspro EV2 Pyro, Fuel and Trans gauges.
2. Garrett 38R turbo.
3. TUNING (still undecided regarding who to go with)
4. Stage 1 Injectors

Any advice would be great regarding tuning and injector selection.
I'm not looking to have the fastest truck on the road I just want to wake her up a little bit....maybe it's just me but she seems a little sluggish compared to my friends stock 6.0.

Also, if anyone is running a similar set up. What kind of power are you making or what can I expect?? I checked and I do have PMRs so I don't want to cause them too much stress.

Thanks!!
Wrong section

·
Registered
88 Posts
you are in the 6.0 section bud.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the right section, I think. Still learning to navigate the site now that i can post and not just read.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Your in the 7.3 section now how much horse power are you looking for and what dose your freind 6.0 have done to it so we can get an idea of why yours seems sluggish in comparison

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
I have PIS 175/80's with my 38r/ww2 set up and I think they are a perfect match. Making 400-425 hp on my highest setting. Any of the popular tuners will treat you right.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
I have PIS 175/80's with my 38r/ww2 set up and I think they are a perfect match. Making 400-425 hp on my highest setting. Any of the popular tuners will treat you right.
Jonathan at NLTD can make 475 with that set up, and have better driveability over jody's

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
I've got an F6 and plan to get some tunes from him soon now that they can tune the F6.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My friend's 6.0 is a 04 bone stock 4x4 at stock height. I know my lift and tires will slow it down a bit. Mine's just slow to accelerate, it makes a lot of noise but can't gat out of it's own way when compared to his 6.0. That's what i'm looking to fix. Both trucks have an auto trans too.

As for HP i'd be happy in the 350-380 range.

I was recently looking at Swamps 175/146 SINGLE SHOT INJECTORS, TOW (MILD STREET) that will come with a custom tuned 6 position chip for 300 bucks more. Anyone running those?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everything I've read about Swamps had been good. Can I get a better tuner than the one they offer for purchase to mate up with the single shots or is it kind of a package deal thats better left alone?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there anything i need to add to my list that anyone can think of? Keeping in mind that i don't want more than 380 max HP.....for now! All these horror stories about PMRs worries me a little.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
Is there anything i need to add to my list that anyone can think of? Keeping in mind that i don't want more than 380 max HP.....for now! All these horror stories about PMRs worries me a little.
A tranny valve body and a 6.0 tranny cooler is a must IMO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's definitely another thing i need to start considering as well. I've read that programmers can adjust the way the automatic act, shift points etc. Is there a way to just program the trans so it won't grenade from day to day use? Or is that more of a valve body job?

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
Valve body firms up shifting with out having to increase line pressures using the pump which taxes it. From what I've read over the years, a valve body and controlling fluid temps can be the life of a stock tranny.

·
Registered
633 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts