Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diesel Monkey
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined powerstroke nation, time to get some new opinions...
I have a 1997 Ford F350 CCLB with Intake, Exhaust, Chip, Stage 2 Injectors, Stock turbo, Gauges, and just blew up the tranny and should be done tomorrow, so now a JSD Built Transmission as well...

Last time I dyno'ed with the new injectors I got 287.87 hp at the rear wheels... A lot of people say that is low, but i know the injectors are starved for oil, how much does the community think I will increase with a modded 17 hpop...

·
Diesel Monkey
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no turbo problems yet which surprises me... expecially since i push 35lbs of boost

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Just get a 17* pump..should be able to find a rebuilt one for under $400 all thats you need.

Who's tunes..burned for the stage 2's who's?

Turbo won't last long..

Cary

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
get bob's pump you'll be happy and a lots less$ than most others .

·
Registered
361 Posts
The tunes on your chip could be the culprit, are they burned for the injectors??

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
no turbo problems yet which surprises me... expecially since i push 35lbs of boost
You remember how many miles i have on my stock turbo??? 309k miles now, the last 20k miles has been with stage 2's.

Turbo won't last long..

Cary
Incorrect, AGAIN. i always see people posting this crap. the turbo can last however long you want it to last. mine is low on boost right now, but that's b/c my intake plenum seals are blown, the turbo is still being driven just as hard.

Dan i pulled my IC system off a couple weeks ago and put the stocker on just to compare to some of y'alls without IC's. 34lbs of boost in mine without the IC. put the IC back in and that number dropped to 26lbs. that tells me that there is a leak someplace, but again.. i'm driving this turbo just as hard as you are and it's fine. just keep an eye on it. you can make it last how ever long you want it to last. it's ok to run the boost up, but don't hold it at over 30lbs of boost for very long. maybe get an IC for it to give it more volume to fill and less pressure.

With my stage 1's, electric fuel, IC, and termy modded 17* my truck dyno'd 350hp/731tq. dropped stage 2's in the truck, no change in tuning or any other component and it dyno'd 380hp/870tq. got it live tuned at the Texas Diesel Nationals by Tony and dynoing it this weekend so we will see how it does. My vote goes for the Terminator modded 17* for your HPOP.. :D

·
Diesel Monkey
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, I plan on going with a terminator modded 17*... Joey is lookin for one for me right now... tranny should be back together today or tomorrow... waitin on the converter...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts