Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Jimmi Jammers, all 4 doors.
2) Viper 350 2 way alarm with DEI proximity sensor.
3) Keyless doors. Open via the Viper remote only.
4) RFID system wired in for ignition kill. No RFID tag, no start.
5) Secret start disable switch. No switch, no turn over.
6) Depower the lock switches when parked.

Am I missing anything ?

My buddy tells me I should wire a video camera into the truck to take pictures every time the Viper warns ????

We are also thinking of a GPS locator system.

·
Sarcastic Bastard
422 Posts
3) Keyless doors. Open via the Viper remote only.

6) Depower the lock switches when parked.

We are also thinking of a GPS locator system.
One issue, if the locks are powered down, how are you going to unlock them.

Viper also has the GPS tracking system also.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One issue, if the locks are powered down, how are you going to unlock them.
I have to study the schematics, but when its armed, I hope to depower the power that goes to the switches and run a bypass feed to open them with the alarm.

·
Registered
487 Posts
full coverage and state a value you are happy with, and save your money on all that stuff. thats my .02

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
All that and you are still only going to keep an honest person out

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
what happens if the batteries go dead, and you cant slim-jim the doors to release the hood....

·
Registered
324 Posts
full coverage and state a value you are happy with, and save your money on all that stuff. thats my .02
All that and you are still only going to keep an honest person out
This.

Also any gps tracker can be defeated very quickly. If they really want it, they'll tow it away.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This.

Also any gps tracker can be defeated very quickly. If they really want it, they'll tow it away.
I'm with these guys.

Locks and alarm systems and GPS tracking and all the fancy kill switches won't stop, deter, or slow down the pros.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
This.

What does towing have to do with GPS?

I'm with these guys.

Locks and alarm systems and GPS tracking and all the fancy kill switches won't stop, deter, or slow down the pros.
At the very least it would slow them down, and might deter some.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Lol, I just wanna know where you live? Is it that bad around there?

I see your sig, let's see some pics of that beast.

·
Administrator
33,055 Posts
Man these post are all over the place

To those who do nothing but say "thats what insurance is for " good luck not taking a $$ Hit

do something even a flashing light has proved itself worthy of having a thief move to the vehicle who's owner did nothing

oh and

2010 were never recovered, which amounts to 323,605 stolen vehicles that were never returned to their owners. In spite of the national decline in recovery rates, Lo Jack continues to maintain a better than 90 percent recovery rate for cars, SUVs and light trucks that are equipped with a Lo Jack System and reported stolen.
It's Bad everywhere it just depends on what douche wants your stuff and if He thinks He can pull it off without you being informed about it

·
Registered
96 Posts
What does towing have to do with GPS?

At the very least it would slow them down, and might deter some.
Won't slow down a pro...
Man these post are all over the place

To those who do nothing but say "thats what insurance is for " good luck not taking a $$ Hit

do something even a flashing light has proved itself worthy of having a thief move to the vehicle who's owner did nothing

oh and

It's Bad everywhere it just depends on what douche wants your stuff and if He thinks He can pull it off without you being informed about it
I had a truck stolen 6.5 years ago. Not recovered.

State Farm asked me to tell them what I felt it would take to replace it. and give them what receipts and info I had to back it up. I said $17k, they countered with $19k... (May be slightly off on the numbers, but it was right at $2k more than I asked for, and my rates didn't really go up.)

·
Registered
132 Posts
what happens if the batteries go dead, and you cant slim-jim the doors to release the hood....
I heard of a guy running a jumper cable under the truck to the starter and back feed power to the batteries which will allow you to power your door locks again. Its what I would do since I've eliminated my door looks and have DIY jimmi-jammers installed.

And for the OP....yeah it looks like about as good as you can do it. No guarantees though. I've have a friend who theives tried to steal his SD on several occasions and then finally on the last attempt they simply towed it away. I think the basic idea is to make them want to move on to another vehicle and hopefully you'll come out unscathed.

Remember: Its all gonna end up in a junk yard some day anyway so keep it in perspective :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts