Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

Ive been working on these for the past week and figured I would post up my progress so far. I ran into an issue and it was my own stupid mistake of using the wrong primer that ended up creating a lot more work for me.

But at the same time it gave me the idea to grab the bondo and add a different touch to the headlights. Its nothing major but I like the way it looks a lot more.

So far I have the reflectors all finished and one bezel completely finished so here are the pics so far

All pulled apart

Smoked amber reflectors (they might look funny in the picture but on a black surface they are very dark)

And the finished bezel painted charcoal beige metallic

Ignore how terrible the one bezel looks but this is to show a comparison on the little touch I did with bondo. Look in the direction of the indent around the bezel part for the headlight and turn signal lenses

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
looks awesome Matt!! Can't wait to see the before and after of them on the truck.

You bake them to seperate the outer lense and the rest of the light correct? And what are you using to glue them back together with?

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks awesome Matt!! Can't wait to see the before and after of them on the truck.

You bake them to seperate the outer lense and the rest of the light correct? And what are you using to glue them back together with?
Thanks!

Yeah I preheated the oven to 250 then put the headlight in and shut the oven off and let it bake for ten minutes and did that until I got them seperated since you only had like 4 minutes before the headlight cooled off

They were held together with black RTV so thats what Im gonna use

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
looks good, cant wait to see how it looks on your truck!

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
glad you followed my advise on tinting the reflector, clear coat everything should look good

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just put the one headlight togehter minus the lense to see how it looks

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no offense, but it all looks good accept for the splotchy black paint on the amber.
Thats the flash from my camera making it look like that, I couldnt have done the coats of night shade any lighter if I tried. It doesnt look like that with just regular light, thats why I tried getting shots without the flash but my camera doesnt do too well without it

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Do you have them back together Matt? I have to say, it looks awesome. At the same time, I have to agree about the reflectors. I'd just go ahead and paint them... That's JMO, looks great either way.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have them back together Matt? I have to say, it looks awesome. At the same time, I have to agree about the reflectors. I'd just go ahead and paint them... That's JMO, looks great either way.
Thanks! no I dont have them back together yet I still have to do the second one.

I know they look bad in that picture but they dont look bad in person really. I may throw another coat on to see. Id really rather not paint them. I like the contrast of the smoked lense and the painted bezel but Ill have to see how it looks

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright guys here is one headlight all done and ready to go!

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a huge update but I just put on the smoked mirror lenses and cab lights with LED bulbs that Ive had sittng around for a while to get ready for the headlights Im working on

I also installed stealth bulbs in the turn signals of the headlights

before:

After:

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
looks great, and will look 100x better with the headlights done too all matching. Definitely love the regular cab trucks :ford:

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks great, and will look 100x better with the headlights done too all matching. Definitely love the regular cab trucks :ford:
Thanks! Yeah I think it will look a lot better with the headlights.

I also just went and bought a set of fog lights to pull apart and see about color matching the bezel on those as well.

Then I have an XL grille waiting to be painted, just bought a paintable rear bumper last night and just need a front one

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think that when you're done you may have one of the slickest looking trucks IMO. If it were mine It would sit a tid bit taller with deeper, wider, smaller diameter wheels and more aggressive tires but of course that's just me. Beautiful truck! I can't wait to see the headlights, bumpers, and grille done!

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Yeah. It's gonna look awesome! I really like the lights... The tinted amber is gonna look good, I know what you mean about the flash making it show up funny. Can't wait to see the front after the grille and bumper!!!

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
easily one of the slickest 08s I've seen! Awesome mods! simple yet really effective.. can't wait to see the headlights

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it! I agree some more aggressive tires will probably look better when its all done. Im really anxious to get it all finished up but Im gonna have to save for a little to get the grille and bumpers professionally painted I just got antsy and had to throw on the mirror lenses and cab lights

I think Im gonna do a light smoke on the tail lights and I still have to do the fog lights as well!

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so here are progress pics for the second one

All prepped, I made sure to take all the chrome off so no risk of peeling

First Coat sprayed

1 - 20 of 83 Posts