Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my 2007 Dodge Cummins 3500 to get out of a $450 payment and had to pull $2k out of my savings to line this bad boy up.

It's a 2000 xlt with order option for leather seats, power slider, power seat, and all the other power stuff that is standard on an xlt.

I asked him why he didn't buy a lariat and he said he wanted to be able to put it in 2wd low range with the stick on the floor, and you couldn't do this with the lariat truck.

He handed me a folder full of all the service records all done by the Ford dealer by his house.

Truck has 77k miles on it, not a scratch or a dent, no rock chips on the hood, it had big diamond plate running boards and mudflaps which protected the rocker panels from rock chips, and spotless on the inside.

Not quite the towing power of my cummins, but I'm very happy with it, and have the title in hand which to me worth alot more than having the latest/greatest truck on the road.

What do you think???

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
nice looking truck, definitely has plenty of potential.

Having no payments sure is the nicest mod you can have for a truck :ford:

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Very sharp looking truck, i like it! Like Fordfreak said, loose the door moldings.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thats a nice looking ride.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nice man....I sold my 07 Cummins to get out of a $500 a month payment and I bought an 01 F250 PSD that has a $0 a month payment:D Its the best mod in the world

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the compliments, the truck really is a gem. I was worried about finding a nice truck after I let the cummins go and this one appeared 2 days later. I asked several questions over the phone, bought a plane ticket that night and drove it 10 hrs home the next day.
Not only did I get high bluebook for my cummins, but I also seperately sold a set of wheels/tires. Sold the steering brace, and a second set of stock wheels giving me an extra $1000 total to put the wheels/fender flares on this truck. I bought the camper shell for $350 and had it painted for $300.

The power around town/hwy is fine for me, but when I hook up my snowmobile trailer (25' enclosed) and hit the hills, I see the difference between 235hp, and 315 hp. I'm going to need a light tow chip of some sort which will hopefully put me back in the game.

·
Quality Built!
1,197 Posts
So my question is why did you not go with an older cummins truck? I think that is good looking truck throw a leveling kit on it and there you go. You can get the gauges and what not from Riffraff Diesel he has some of the best prices on the net. As far as a chip Beans Diesel Performance or Matt at Gearhead Automotive gets my vote.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice man....I sold my 07 Cummins to get out of a $500 a month payment and I bought an 01 F250 PSD that has a $0 a month payment:D Its the best mod in the world
07 Dodge Cummins 3500 single rear wheel $430 a month
Insurance $120 a month
Registration $525 year
Total $7125 a year to drive the best

00 Ford F250
$0 a month
$61 month for full coverage insurance
$79 year registration
Total $819 a year for a really nice truck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So my question is why did you not go with an older cummins truck? I think that is good looking truck throw a leveling kit on it and there you go. You can get the gauges and what not from Riffraff Diesel he has some of the best prices on the net. As far as a chip Beans Diesel Performance or Matt at Gearhead Automotive gets my vote.
I looked at several 04 cummins, but they were all high mileage, and anything with 70k was $20k+. I don't like the older Dodge truck, and it would be hard to find one now that isn't driven into the ground.

I looked at several PSD, alot with 120k-150k mileage, with a mixture of 7.3 and 6.0.
This one presented itself. No phone number just an email address. I had to email the guy 2 times before he called me, and I decided to buy it on the initial phone call. It would have been sold to the next person had I not pulled the trigger.

·
Quality Built!
1,197 Posts
I was just wondering glad to see you made the switch to a real truck with a real engine not a Cracker box with a great engine. I could never do that just buy a truck over the internet without ever seeing it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Nice looking truck.... No payment is a great feelng to have... mine was low mileage when i bought it (76k) and is now paid for....

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I don't think the 4wd drive thing is true because I have seen a 2008 king ranch that had the 4wd on the floor

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is my first longbed.
01 f250 psd supercab shortbed
05 cummins 3500 quad cab short
07 cummins 3500 quad cab short
and now the longbed.

It really didn't matter to me if it was a longbed, or a supercab, color, manual, all I really wanted was leather, and a non-smoker.
I'm not sure about the 4x4 shifter, this is just what he said.

There is a guy locally who has an 02 crew cab shortbed lariat with a 6 speed manual and 72k miles, but he wants too much for it. I talked to him and felt him out on his price but he wasn't going to budge. I would have loved a 6 speed.

Thanks to all for the compliments!!! I always loved my 01 psd and it's nice to be in something different.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts