Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Doesnt look bad, but its acualy hurting your performance (all be it a small amount but)...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
how so?

...just curious

Anytime you have a bend in an exhaust system its a restriction... and when its for something like that it does no good. It looks good, dont get me wrong but that T does nothing for him... Thats why the aftermarket exhausts delete that tip on the new trucks...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really don't think it will affect performance that much from what it had. The only thing I did was add the tip. It really looks nice when clean it is polished stainless. Once the truck is raised in the rear and painted completely with the 08 gate I think the tip will be a nice touch. I don't plan to add to much performance to this truck anyway I am satisfied with the 7.3 power. I was only worried about performance on my 03 Cobra. This truck will mainly be modded in the looks department.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Whatever HP loss u have from that tip will be so minimal u wont even notice it. And since u are modding it to hotrod, it isnt a big deal at all. Looks great tho!!!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Gezz guys... I was not saying that he was going to loose 30hp or even 1 hp. Just stating facts, you will see lower EGT's with 1 stack over two... lower EGT's with single exhaust then duals.... Bends are bends...

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
I really don't think it will affect performance that much from what it had. The only thing I did was add the tip. It really looks nice when clean it is polished stainless. Once the truck is raised in the rear and painted completely with the 08 gate I think the tip will be a nice touch. I don't plan to add to much performance to this truck anyway I am satisfied with the 7.3 power. I was only worried about performance on my 03 Cobra. This truck will mainly be modded in the looks department.
Your Cobra will look right at home behind that truck. Looks good and keep us updated on the tailgate and other mods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts