Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know where the best place to put this but if needs to be moved thats fine!
I recently got my hands on a 85 F800 cab and chassis with a 3208 cat and 5 speed transmission. my uncle has a few 50's and 60's B model macks and we decided to take one of the better cabs and put it on the ford frame. i will attached the pictures i have so far...

and it begins...

My uncle driving the truck outside for the night.

The B model cab sitting on the frame only...

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
That is going to be a sweet truck.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Whats the serial prefix on the 3208. It's not one of the hot rod turbo's ones is it? Those turboed engines would actually run very well

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
going to be a nice ride when she is done....we have a guy up here running one..he restored it and it looks brand new inside and out..he has a dump body on it and he works it every day..

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nasty!

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! its going to be a project but it will be nice when its done. we do plan on working it ron when we can. i think the plans are a winch behind the cab and a 5th wheel. the 3208 is non turbo and is the 180hp. which sounds weak but the pistons are twice the size of the 7.3!!! :D we are working on the new cab mounts now. i will post more pictures this week!

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Thanks guys! its going to be a project but it will be nice when its done. we do plan on working it ron when we can. i think the plans are a winch behind the cab and a 5th wheel. the 3208 is non turbo and is the 180hp. which sounds weak but the pistons are twice the size of the 7.3!!! :D we are working on the new cab mounts now. i will post more pictures this week!
u can throw a turbo on it and go to like 250-260 hp if i remember correctly

·
Registered
871 Posts
If I remember right there are internal difference between the turboed and non-turbo 3208's

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they are the same internals. i have been told that the same block/heads have been used to make 1000hp in marine applications. this is with a different pump. but i am sure there has to be something different inside at the 1000hp mark because i dont see why they would put the same internals in a 180hp motor as the 1000hp motors. i need to do more research i guess!

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Almost done with the truck for now..got a truck show on sunday! took a couple more pictures of the nose and the 5in straight stack! its with my phone but you get the idea...it sounds mean!

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Moved to the project forum. Looking good.

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for moving it! I took a few pictures of the finished product that i will post tonight!

·
Riding dually style!
171 Posts
Thats pretty neat! I am curious to see how it all finishes up!

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heres a few pics of what it looks like now! had it out on the road today and it went sweet!

Used some diamond plate for the floor!

And my uncles truck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts