Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 22 month old lil girl, who learned a great life lesson today.

My wife had purchased her a sand bucket to play with at the dollar store. Well the plastic isn't as good as what we had when I was a kid, and a big chunk came off the bottom of the pail. She showed mommy, and mommy brought the little one into the office to see what we could do. After much deliberation, we decided to chuck the piece and the pail.

The look on my girls face when I explained to her that it was broken and daddy couldn't fix it, absolutely broke my heart. This is the first time that I have seen true disappointment on her face, and I know it won't be the last. But it's hit me hard because a part of me wants to protect her from all bad things even though I know it would be an injustice to her.

Sux letting her down. But she's daddy's little girl no doubt. :D

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
Let me tell you! I know...my daughter will be 5 next month, and the best advice I could past on is take as many pictures you can. I worried myself to death think will i be a good dad, how will i handle things like a broken pale. as time GROWS, so will you. I laugh everyday at something. just remember you will ALWAYS be dad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts