Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ready to order a bypass kit. I like the one from amsoil site also seen the one from diesel site.

Is there anything else, if I just ordering the one from amsoil, I plan on mounting in on the frame of the truck. Does it come with enough hose to mount there?

I will also be ordering the oil fill cap and return cap as well.

How well are the instructions on the install sheet?
I did do a search and really didnt find a sharight answer on the install parts i was thinking about.

Thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
I ready to order a bypass kit. I like the one from amsoil site also seen the one from diesel site.

Is there anything else, if I just ordering the one from amsoil, I plan on mounting in on the frame of the truck. Does it come with enough hose to mount there?

I will also be ordering the oil fill cap and return cap as well.

How well are the instructions on the install sheet?
I did do a search and really didnt find a sharight answer on the install parts i was thinking about.

Thanks
I have the by pass on my 2008 f250, your going to need more hose. i mounted mine under the pass. door. it simple to do Bill from powerstroke help.com has a video how to set up the connections on a 6.0...it the exact same way on a 6.4...just dont mount it under the hood. I love my bypass filter i just went 10k and my oil was still super clean could go 20k

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

·
Registered
375 Posts
just out of curiosity how much does the amsoil kit run?? and to what size microns does it filter?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i get total price for everything includeing the extra hose i try and do a install thread and price list.

·
Registered
141 Posts
just out of curiosity how much does the amsoil kit run?? and to what size microns does it filter?
How much it costs depends on whether you are a Preferered Customer or not. The Preferred Customer pays the same as I do as dealer (wholesale) otherwise you pay retail. Below is a list of the parts needed to do a single bypass on the 6.0L or 6.4L.

Ford 6.0L/6.4L Power Stroke™ Diesels Order BMK21
To ease installation of the BMK21 on 2003 and later model Ford pickups equipped with the 6.0L and 6.4L Power Stroke™ diesel engines, AMSOIL offers the new Aluminum Billet Oil Filter Cap (BK1101), the Aluminum Billet Oil Fill Cap (BK1102) and the 90-degree JIC Elbow (BP242, two recommended) (all sold separately). These new high-quality billet aluminum caps replace the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) filter cap and oil fill cap. The new caps have holes tapped in them that accept the JIC elbows for hose connectors. Extra hose would be part number BP251 sold by the foot.

Anybody interested in buying one of these and wants to become a Preferred Customer so you can buy at wholesale contact me in a PM and I will take care of you with a PS Nation special.

The Single bypass for the 6.0L like the one in the picture uses a 2 micron full synthetic media bypass filter.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i am also looking to purchase on of these kits in the near future, my question is i already have the oil cooler rebuild kit for my 06 6.0, i am un clear if i go with the oil bypass kit, do i still need to rebuild the oil cooler?...or are they two seperate items that have nothing to do with eachother....

·
Registered
141 Posts
i am also looking to purchase on of these kits in the near future, my question is i already have the oil cooler rebuild kit for my 06 6.0, i am un clear if i go with the oil bypass kit, do i still need to rebuild the oil cooler?...or are they two seperate items that have nothing to do with eachother....
Two seperate items and don't really have anything to do with the other. You still need to rebuild the oil cooler. The bypass kit only filters the oil at a much finer rate but has nothing to do with the oil cooler.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Two seperate items and don't really have anything to do with the other. You still need to rebuild the oil cooler. The bypass kit only filters the oil at a much finer rate but has nothing to do with the oil cooler.
Thats what i thought just wanted to make sure....thanks

·
Mod Addict!
118 Posts
Holy thread resurrections Batman!

Doing this right now myself...which replacement filter are you guys using, one is rated for up to 15 quart capacity systems, the other for 21...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts