Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
It will help a little bit delivering the fuel with the big tunes since all I have is air upgrades. I know I can only pump out as much as the hpfp will anyway but every little bit helps, but that's the only fuel upgrade I will be doing besides a FASS or AD later down the road. I figure better flow of air and fuel together will pair nicely, my batmowheel on my lp right now clears up decently as is, just some smoke between shifts. You and I pretty much have the same goals though, good daily driver, stock fuel, towing a decent amount safely when need be for work, and reliability overall. After this I should be all set, besides airbags and traction bars, although I was going to keep my truck stock for at least 5 years tooLOL
I love the build and understand your fuel concerns, but I would give it the ported rails some serious thoughts. Although some are worse than others, I am not aware of one person who didn't experience surging issues with ported rails on stock sticks. I know IBStrokin (not sure if I spelled this right) tried all kinds of things from different tuning and other options for months before he finally gave up and put the stock rail back in. Jeff also had surging issues and went back to stock. I am pretty sure they both had Elites, but I know I read a while back about someone complaining about RCDs rail on stock sticks. Maybe someone has figured it out, but you might want to look into it because the impression I got from several people who have tried them is that they just weren't made for stock sticks and everyone that stayed on stock fuel regretted installing them. Again, maybe someone has figured it out and I haven't read about it, but I would make sure before you do.

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
Wow 6.4 manifolds are horrible, my mpds definitely flow better, nice deep tone too. Part of the reason is they had to make room for that dumb egr cooler. Even with the manifolds and custom up pipes I could crank it up to 71 for ebp.

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
Craig is porting them for me, I'm sure if something is up test driving it he will take care of me. Hopefully I wont have any issues, I do remember Jeff saying he had problems. If there is issues I can wait for it to get resolved, I'm using my super quick 7.3 right now for my workhorse. The guys at mpd are awesome, they came up here and hauled my truck back to MD for cheaper than I could find around here.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Craig is porting them for me, I'm sure if something is up test driving it he will take care of me. Hopefully I wont have any issues, I do remember Jeff saying he had problems. If there is issues I can wait for it to get resolved, I'm using my super quick 7.3 right now for my workhorse. The guys at mpd are awesome, they came up here and hauled my truck back to MD for cheaper than I could find around here.
I love what they do...they are always pushing the limits and teaching all of us a lot. I no direct experience with them, but from everything I have seen, there custom service is excellent. I really hope the rail works out for you so we will have a good option available. Do you have any idea when you will be getting her back?
BTW Once she is broke in, I am still expecting a video of you moving those compactors!!!!

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
I should be getting her back a week and a half to two weeks. It might need a new short block if the lifter wont come out. It only has about 15 miles on it since the noise out of the intake started so hopefully they can get it out. I just want to make sure its broke in before I start giving it my right foot, I've heard it only needs 15 to 20 heat cycles or something like that but I like to wait a while longer and put some miles on it. Their customer service is awesome, the first time I was there Craig gave me money for a cab, and almost wouldn't let me not take it. As for the compactor pulling I'll have to get a good video of that, it will be part of breaking it in, I only move them 20 to 30 feet but the weight is impressive. My 7.3 cant move them like the 6.4, I never realized how much better these new diesels are even stock are compared to the older ones till now. My 7.3 is geared like a dumptruck and still doesn't yank them like the 08.

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
Just an FYI. I stayed with my stock rails for my build. We will see how they perform. So far Aaron has said nothing bad about the stock rails in my truck since the build was completed. The reason I stayed away from the ported rails were the surging issues and noise that comes from them. Even some of the built trucks experienced issues.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
I should be getting her back a week and a half to two weeks. It might need a new short block if the lifter wont come out. It only has about 15 miles on it since the noise out of the intake started so hopefully they can get it out. I just want to make sure its broke in before I start giving it my right foot, I've heard it only needs 15 to 20 heat cycles or something like that but I like to wait a while longer and put some miles on it. Their customer service is awesome, the first time I was there Craig gave me money for a cab, and almost wouldn't let me not take it. As for the compactor pulling I'll have to get a good video of that, it will be part of breaking it in, I only move them 20 to 30 feet but the weight is impressive. My 7.3 cant move them like the 6.4, I never realized how much better these new diesels are even stock are compared to the older ones till now. My 7.3 is geared like a dumptruck and still doesn't yank them like the 08.
Hope she don't need a block. So what happened?

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
I got on it a few times for my buddy, and then heard a ticking noise faintly. I pulled over popped the hood and it was thumping from my intake, I thought I bent a pushrod. I started the truck the next day and the noise was very faint. Only started making the noise when the oil was warmed up. If it was a pushrod or rocker arm it would make noise all the time. I used a stethoscope and couldn't hear a difference in the banks. I haven't had anytime at all lately to tear anything apart because of working so much so I decided to just send it out.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
OK, so right now you just have to wait until they can tear it down. Hope that works out and you don't need a block!!! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I got on it a few times for my buddy, and then heard a ticking noise faintly. I pulled over popped the hood and it was thumping from my intake, I thought I bent a pushrod. I started the truck the next day and the noise was very faint. Only started making the noise when the oil was warmed up. If it was a pushrod or rocker arm it would make noise all the time. I used a stethoscope and couldn't hear a difference in the banks. I haven't had anytime at all lately to tear anything apart because of working so much so I decided to just send it out.
I have read a lot of varying opinions on balanced vs. non-balanced batmos. Are either of the batmos you will ultimately been running balanced? What is your/Craig's opinion on whether it is necessary?

·
Registered
130 Posts
What's the sounds of the ported fuel rails making? I have a sound but i think its more of my custom up pipes rubbing on somthing. I do have 80hp tips and mod low pump so i shouldnt be getting any sounds. Have not noticed any surging.

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
I have read a lot of varying opinions on balanced vs. non-balanced batmos. Are either of the batmos you will ultimately been running balanced? What is your/Craig's opinion on whether it is necessary?
My opinion doesn't hold much as I am still learning an no expert at all but I remember reading that the shaft is already balanced so there is no need. I haven't asked Craig but I just let him do his thing he knows what hes doing. If you have any info on it fill me in, I'm always up for learning. My lp batmo has been in for a little more than 20k (was done along with my hg's) and I've had no problems at all.

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
What's the sounds of the ported fuel rails making? I have a sound but i think its more of my custom up pipes rubbing on somthing. I do have 80hp tips and mod low pump so i shouldnt be getting any sounds. Have not noticed any surging.
Its hard to describe the sound but it sounds like a "whirring" noise.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
My opinion doesn't hold much as I am still learning an no expert at all but I remember reading that the shaft is already balanced so there is no need. I haven't asked Craig but I just let him do his thing he knows what hes doing. If you have any info on it fill me in, I'm always up for learning. My lp batmo has been in for a little more than 20k (was done along with my hg's) and I've had no problems at all.
I don't have anything to add...that was why I was asking you. I've seen some posts that say it is needed and others that say it isn't. I have no direct experience with them. I was just wondering in case I ever do the batmo. 20k miles without problems seems like a pretty good start. Thanks

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
I really like that idea.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
You guys should throw together a "working mans air management" kit.
Smart, simple to the point and most importantly it should keep things reliable.
That's a hell of an idea...of course you deserve a "finder's fee".

121 - 140 of 158 Posts