Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
dad passed away in his sleep around 2:30 this morning.
the pain and suffering is over finally.
I am so sorry, Tom. As you say, the pain and suffering is over.

God be with you and your loved ones.

·
don't play well w others
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So sorry Tom. If there is anything you need just let me know. I'm only a phone call away

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,406 Posts
So sorry Tom. If there is anything you need just let me know. I'm only a phone call away

well, i could really use 2 million bucks to buy a secluded island with no phone service.

·
don't play well w others
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
No can do. I can cuss out some family no charge......

Reactions: tjctransport

·
don't play well w others
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Today's accomplishments
Really gettiahead of myself, there's a bunch of work to the truck before all this started

·
don't play well w others
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So.....
I finally opened the box that contains the boots for my shocks and dampers.
@tjctransport gave owmbo the part # for my birthday present.

She said I'm always calling the truck a bit*h, so......

Really?
Pink?

·
Administrator
8,406 Posts
spent the past 7 hours at the condo sorting out the computer. printing recipes, deciding what pictures to keep and what to dump and deleting files before total format.
around 12 my brother and his wife showed up, and we went through the 4 different boxes of badges, and other trinkets. i also found out someone loaded both guns, as the last time i had the safe open about 6 months ago they were both empty. . but they were in the safe, so whatever.
mom brought out his jewelry.
his Navy, Fire dept, and Fire Marshals Rings.
we decided the navy ring should be on him in the casket.
and two watches. a gold watch worth around $1500 for his retirement from the fire service, and a raggedy beat up OLD Bulova.
i told my brother i don't need a fancy gold watch, and i have both my maternal great grandfathers railroad watches. the Elgin conductors watch he used, and the gold Elgin he got when retiring (which my brother knew nothing about).
dads father gave him the old Bulova when he joined the navy. it was my dads grandfathers.
dad was wearing the old Bulova when he was almost killed in the chopper crash during Korea war.. he called it his "good luck" charm, and wore it for over 70 years, only taking it off to shower, or when forced to remove it in the hospital. .
anyhow, here is my "new" family heirloom:
Dads watch.JPG

i also took his original police badge from before out town changed names. he wore badge #3 his whole life.
current badge numbers are close to the 300's

·
don't play well w others
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
More progress. This part takes some thinking and measuring.
Figuring out the track bar and brackets. Looks like I'll have to fab something

Got the new pitman arm on, need to order some parts there too, then I think I can work on brakes. Sure would like to do a abs pump system here, but not sure how I would accomplish that. Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Figuring out the track bar and brackets. Looks like I'll have to fab something
Why? Leaf springs don't need track bars.
Sure would like to do a abs pump system here, but not sure how I would accomplish that. Ideas anyone?
What do you want it to do?

The '87-96 RABS2 system is simple, but it doesn't have a pump - you have to release & re-apply the pedal if you press too hard. This & the NEXT dozen captions explain exactly how it works:

(phone app link)

The '93-96 Bronco-only system is the simplest I know of with a pump, but it's only 3 channels (rear axle is 1 channel) and doesn't have traction control or any other modern ABS functions.

(phone app link)

·
Administrator
8,406 Posts
i gonna start posting in the rant thread so i don't sidetrack your build thread.
check there in a few Charlie, i am sure this one will bring a big old grin, if not have you rolling on the ground laughing

·
don't play well w others
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
That unit failed on my truck. I can put another on, or bypass, no biggie, but I was working on the truck today, and seeing that I have superduty axles with abs sensors on all 4 disc brakes was just pondering a complete ABS system.
Probably too much trouble, and I am definitely getting too much money out in the project.
Just spent $1200 on brakes, and that don't include soft lines, or supply lines.

I am going to look into the 93-96 bronco set up. I have a 94 Centurion here, I'll investigate, see if the system is on that

As far as the tracking bar, my 02 superduty has one, as does my 94 Centurion, so I assume there is a purpose. This axle has the cup on the passenger spring plate that holds the track bar

Didn't mean to sound snippy, been a long day. I do appreciate your input, so thanks for answering

·
don't play well w others
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
i gonna start posting in the rant thread so i don't sidetrack your build thread.
check there in a few Charlie, i am sure this one will bring a big old grin, if not have you rolling on the ground laughing
Tom, you can post in here anything, anytime you want.
Being you just lost your dad, I can relate. Was just January 20 I lost mom. You feel free to post here, or anywhere you please. If someone has an issue, I'll blow up their posts with cats.......

·
Administrator
8,406 Posts
you really don't need the trac bar, but it does make for a better ride.
i would not bother with the abs. you know how to drive without it.
i hate the brakes on the 14
and i thought you would like the pink shock boots!!!

·
don't play well w others
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Oh, and a blast from the past

She turned the odometer over for the 5th time on that trip

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
That unit failed on my truck. I can put another on, or bypass, no biggie, but I was working on the truck today, and seeing that I have superduty axles with abs sensors on all 4 disc brakes was just pondering a complete ABS system.
Probably too much trouble, and I am definitely getting too much money out in the project.
Just spent $1200 on brakes, and that don't include soft lines, or supply lines.

I am going to look into the 93-96 bronco set up. I have a 94 Centurion here, I'll investigate, see if the system is on that

As far as the tracking bar, my 02 superduty has one, as does my 94 Centurion, so I assume there is a purpose. This axle has the cup on the passenger spring plate that holds the track bar

Didn't mean to sound snippy, been a long day. I do appreciate your input, so thanks for answering
I don't know if our Centurion's are the same, but Ma's is a shortened F-350. Has the rear ABS same as a pickup. ( Because it was a pickup)

On the track bar, they were required for the shackles mounted in front of the front axle on a solid front axle, if the bushings get any kind of play, the axle wobbles side to side. But, in your wisdom, you put the shackles back where any sane person would want them, so track bar is indeed optional in my opinion.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Project Shamu
2,792 Posts
With the track bar installed, it forces the axle to swing in the same arc as the drag link, reducing steering change when you hit a bump. It also makes the truck feel more "planted" when hitting uneven roads, as it prevents the axle from walking side to side because of the rubber bushings. I would ALWAYS run one, and is not optional in my mind.

·
don't play well w others
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Brakes on the superduty are much bigger than the brick

·
don't play well w others
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Figuring out the bronco gas tank. Had to make my own straps

Coulda just left the ratchet strap on. That's what @tjctransport told me to do