Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
PSN Head First!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 Crew Cab short bed make over in progress.......

- about 5 grand deep in it in a month start up!!! Man these little things add up!!!
- i have some pics and more to come later in my photo bucket....

- any comments about it or ideas shoot away. (except DA one's)

Lee's 97 powerstroke.jpg start pic Im going to try to figure out the photobucket thing now... Tks

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
It works a lot better if you use Tinypic. PSN pic uploading sucks fat ones because it forces you to be logged in to view them, retarded.

and not to mention, when you do it PSN's way, they put more of them dam ads on the pictures because since you uploaded them to PSN it's their property. out with the ads.

edit - nice! how about under the hood? Any goodies in there?

·
PSN Head First!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just getting started so far, S&B intake and 3 down 4 out straight stainless exhaust.. gauges yet to be installed still trying to get it together now then do the little things, once i have more than a drivers seat in it....lol...

·
PSN Head First!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats already in the works bro!!!!!! going to primer the steps and herculine them. tip is easy

Im just tapped out now!!! I'll be buying the black N-Fabs for it soon..... P.S. I hate the steps to they were already there so I'll black them and sport them until I decide to eat that 400 step bar bill....lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
So far looking at it and hearing your plans, sounds like its gonna be one of the best looking obs fords ive seen!

·
PSN Head First!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
going to have some tech questions in the future.... got a leak i really havent addressed yet on the passenger side of the motor..... Thinking it might be the oil pan gasket!!!:doh:

its not coming from above the head, thats a quick look haven't investigated it in depth yet... but its blowing speckles all the way back to the rear axle!!!!

·
PSN Head First!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man its been alot of hours and Natty light cans into it....

-got the rear window motor in and all the panels cleaned and put on yesterday.. now to clean the dash and replace it. and the new carpet....

·
PSN Head First!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so far
-new windshield, painted trim, window motor, ( ford doesnt have access holes in door panel for that have to cut your own!!!) tint, going to have seats re padded driver seat beat down from larger guy... I rented a carpet cleaner did all interior pieces, also steam cleaned every knob crack you name it cleaning it galore the putting tire shine on everything..., new grill painted, head light trim rings painted, smoke lights, used 3m head light sand kit on the head lights works very well, brought them back clear, new dash old owner thought it would be cool to just give it a yank and break every piece of plastic that holds it together off!!!! Sent it to paint to re due the hood, top of cab, and bed where the tie down hinges where filled in, all moldings and pin strips and fully buffed, tires and wheels in route, stainless 4 inch exhaust, s&b intake, 6 pos. chip from Matt at gearhead, glowshift gauges, tired of typing..............

·
PSN Head First!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bumpers sent to powder coat (wrinkle Black) repainted black plastic for two tone effect, painted side mirrors and brackets, smoked cab lights and tail lights, (THE CLEANING HAS BEEN HELL!!!!! I was thankful to find it with 201k and no major damage and RUST FREE!! But the interior was pretty bad, so it deserves to be taking care of its hard to find sooooo. I sold my Cummins 4bt drive train and funded this project ordered everything at once..... Merry Christmas to me!!!! Wheels be in next week...... Think i have a rear wheel bearing leak i need to fix first before i mount them before i sling #### all over the inside of them.....

·
PSN Head First!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thinking on roughing them up and spraying some adhesion spray then primer, then blacking them too... it will be the last thing due to the rest of the project..... thanks for your input bro....

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice looking truck!!! I am also a little partial to black though. :evil

·
PSN Head First!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks man...... kinda tossing around the idea of this one decked out, passing it to my son in 4 years.. Then starting a 2010 or so after I see if they have any bugs in them by then....lol 7.3 just have proven track record...... Tks again

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
that thing is turning out sweet! cant wait to see it done!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts