Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
update: replaced the fuel pickup in the front tank last weekend, went to fill with diesel and it started pouring out while filling...I guess the o ring slipped. If the rains holds off I will be pulling the tank again tomorrow.

I am at 462,041 miles still original sticks

I made 55 gallons of black diesel this last week, need to filter it and burn it.

·
PSN intsigator
6,273 Posts
update: replaced the fuel pickup in the front tank last weekend, went to fill with diesel and it started pouring out while filling...I guess the o ring slipped. If the rains holds off I will be pulling the tank again tomorrow.

I am at 462,041 miles still original sticks

I made 55 gallons of black diesel this last week, need to filter it and burn it.
I would like more information on the black diesel you made?

·
Native Californian
365 Posts
I too am curious about this black diesel. You mean motor oil??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Yep, it is UMO, used motor oil...I filter it into a drum add 20% RUG, regular unleaded gasoline, mix well then settle for some time...I am never in a hurry so this could be weeks, then pump thru a water separator and then another finer filter into 5 gallon containers....one container per fill up. Some actually spin the UMO to separate the dirt out, I never have.

·
Native Californian
365 Posts
Good grief man...lots of trouble and risk to save a few bucks on diesel. To each his own. Hope your injectors last a while. UMO is NEVER good idea as a fuel source....too many small moving parts that need clean clean clean fuel.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Good grief man...lots of trouble and risk to save a few bucks on diesel. To each his own. Hope your injectors last a while. UMO is NEVER good idea as a fuel source....too many small moving parts that need clean clean clean fuel.

At 462K on original injectors, maybe there is something to it?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

61 - 66 of 66 Posts