Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So my truck got some new gas magnum shocks and a T5 oil change and I removed the fuel heater plate and cleaned all the muck out at the bottom of the fuel canister, new NAPA Gold filter from Fleetfilter.com and ready its ready for the next 10k miles. I gotta get my windshield replace, just had to tape up the hole again. 8-( But :cool: with 412,620 miles.

had to do a road service yesterday on the wife's WIP mustang...the thermostat housing separated and was spewing coolant out like a dang faucet, I just put the coolant in the day before....$75 for the part and new coolant BAM she's good to go.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Gotta love how that water neck just knew that it had new coolant going through it, and decided to crack. (like the jelly donut that just "knows" that you're wearing a brand new shirt....)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Put a set of new wheels and 265/75/16 Michelin LTX Defender tires on last week....old wheels had over 600k on them...sure is nice riding around on new rubber. Ordered new A/C components...been fighting an A/C leak, so going to renew it all. * O yeah...mileage is now 421,000.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes, we did very well...as a quasi prepper we could have gone another week or so without a grocery resupply. I purchased 200 gallons of diesel and 80 gallons of gasoline before Harvey hit....now I got to pay my Valero bill...uggg. I have been struggling with the wife on the preps stores....she now gets it. She went to the store and replace all the preps we consumed during the storm. Even went and bought extra salsa and chips...we ran out of salsa and had to ration the chips. Never lost power and the water wasn't even close to the house....but houses down the street flooded and houses behind us flooded. We were blessed for sure. I have been in the Friendswood area helping with what this 55 year old two back surgery body will do. When I get out of my truck I can smell the mildew in the air.

anyway...bought the peddle assembly yesterday for my truck....what a change. Should have done that a long time ago. But who wants to spend $400 on it, right? 421,680 miles. Burning used veg oil this week. Smells like a McD's or KFC at a stop light.

Looking forward to replacing the A/C components this weekend! Or maybe I should say looking forward to the A/C!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey y'all....no more 270 refrigeration....just replaced all of my A/C components, well except for the hi pressure switch....forgot to get a new one....but anyways how about 36* out the center vent this morning driving to work it was about 75 and then at lunch it was blowing 41* on high and it was about 92*. It has never done that. Now I am ready for the Texas winter! Living the Dream!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I think that's the first time I've seen "Texas" and "winter" in the same ZIP code, let alone right next to each other in the same sentence.....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
My truck has seen snow here in Texas numerous times....I still run the A/C though. I just turn the temp dial a little to the red zone when my toes are a little cold. It happens. ;-)

Next on the list is new oil cooler O-rings! Before the Texas winter gets here!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Added a CTS2 monitor to my truck....got 320$ worth of Discount Tire gift cards for buying new wheels and tires....used the GC's to purchase most of the CTS2. so easy to use, easy to see...just made an 800 mile roundtrip this past weekend to deer camp using it. Cant say it was fun to watch but reassuring I suppose to see the ICP and IPR duty, RPM's EOT Trans temps....what about the engine coolant temp...no listing for it. Does the MPH reading go into 3 digits? why yes it does!

Now at 424,400 miles.

·
Administrator
8,115 Posts
No coolant temp in these trucks. Oil temp can be read though.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
No coolant temp in these trucks
When I had the Aeroforce gauge it showed a coolant temp reading but the CTS2 doesn't even list it in the menu. It still turns off unexpectedly like the Aeroforce did but stays on more than off...must be something to do with the 1st year OBD2...IDK.

I like the fact you can have up to 9 parameters showing at the same time.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
That would have to have been a bogus reading for coolant temp. There's no coolant temp sensor input to the PCM. Doesn't matter what device is reading it; it's just not there.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Oh CRUD do I have a problem....driving back from deer hunting this past weekend I stopped to fuel...a stream of motor oil is pouring out from the lower frontal area of the engine onto the pavement....maybe lpop seal or gasket? any ways I have added 6.5 gallons since Sunday....no more chassis squeaks for sure....I am getting about 60 miles to a gallon of oil. Looking forward to remedying this failure soon.

431,000 miles

Oh yeah...Made a new Texas speed record for my truck this past weekend....wait for it....

104 MPH according to my CTS2 on level pavement.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Super Crud...my oil leak is the o-ring on the dipstick fitting inside the oil pan. Just pours out.

lets get it on.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I replaced the o-ring inside the pan, the nut and the little dipstick tube o-ring...no more pouring oil all over Houson. Not a bad job. Most of it was cleaning the area of dirt and oil.

Also pulled my oil cooler out and re-O ringed it...the O-rings were so hard....they had been leaking for the past 3 years or so....I kept it plugged in below 60 to keep it from leaking oil on cold starts.

Then this morning, it barely even turned over...like the batteries are dead but they were new from last Tuesday...oh brother, headed home now to figure that one.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts