Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i am lookin at upgrading my oil cooler to: Bullet Proof Diesel Condenser Mount Cold Weather Oil Cooler System 90404001, adding the Garrett PowerMax GT3788VA Turbo Kit, arp studs, airdog fuel system, coolant filter, air intake:S & B Air Intake for Ford 6.0 Powerstroke 2003-2007 Super Duty, and ima use the sct livewire programer:SCT Livewire Handheld Flash Programmer/Scan Tool, hpop fitting upgrade

im just lookin to improve the truck over all and also when needed a lil extra power when towing,

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Sounds really good but your stock intake really does an awesome job. No need to even spend your money on that till your turning crazy power. Buy a bullet proof diesel egr cooler or just delete it if possible.

·
Registered
69 Posts
:whs:
Do a search on the zoodad mod, it's a cheap ram air mod.

Nice build. A couple of things to consider, get a fuel pressure gauge. With an Airdog you shouldn't have any issues, but better safe than sorry. 6.4 banjo bolts, blue spring, though same as before w/ the Airdog probably not needed. When you do the coolant filter I'd go ahead and flush the whole system and switch to an ELC EC-1 rated coolant.
:welcome:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do a search on the zoodad mod, it's a cheap ram air mod.

Nice build. A couple of things to consider, get a fuel pressure gauge. With an Airdog you shouldn't have any issues, but better safe than sorry. 6.4 banjo bolts, blue spring, though same as before w/ the Airdog probably not needed. When you do the coolant filter I'd go ahead and flush the whole system and switch to an ELC EC-1 rated coolant.
:welcome:
i already have plans for the fuel pressure gauge, ive looked into the banjo bolts..i dont really know where they go actually..lol i had plans to do a complete change on the coolant, oil and everything.. i thought bout tryin to run amsoil..but not to sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds really good but your stock intake really does an awesome job. No need to even spend your money on that till your turning crazy power. Buy a bullet proof diesel egr cooler or just delete it if possible.
im not gone lie.. i will want to turn it up..but only when i get enoguh money to install the 50psi firing ring heads, and up grade the injectors to like 175cc, and upgrade the air intake and exhaust. then i will turn it up..lol but that probably wont be for a year. im a lil worried with out those upgrades that i will end up breakin something.

i had already deleted the egr, and straight piped it out and dropped it right infront of the passenger rear tire

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
im not gone lie.. i will want to turn it up..but only when i get enoguh money to install the 50psi firing ring heads, and up grade the injectors to like 175cc, and upgrade the air intake and exhaust. then i will turn it up..lol but that probably wont be for a year. im a lil worried with out those upgrades that i will end up breakin something.

i had already deleted the egr, and straight piped it out and dropped it right infront of the passenger rear tire
Well your gonna need a aftermarket turbo. I have all the goodies and what not I'm also running 190's with Airdog system I'm only about 480hp with my water/meth kit. Also might wanna keep a tranny in the back of your head. I have a triple disc converter and upgraded clutch pack and it's all cryo'd. Good luck boss

·
Registered
69 Posts
i already have plans for the fuel pressure gauge, ive looked into the banjo bolts..i dont really know where they go actually..lol i had plans to do a complete change on the coolant, oil and everything.. i thought bout tryin to run amsoil..but not to sure.
Follow your fuel lines to the front of the head. There is a bolt holding it to the head, that's it. The srock bolts are check valves. 6.4 banjos are the same bolt, just from the 6.4 PSD and are bored out. When I get home to my computer I can send pics of everything.

·
matt
911 Posts
i second that!!!!:whs:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well your gonna need a aftermarket turbo. I have all the goodies and what not I'm also running 190's with Airdog system I'm only about 480hp with my water/meth kit. Also might wanna keep a tranny in the back of your head. I have a triple disc converter and upgraded clutch pack and it's all cryo'd. Good luck boss
im gona start out with the powermax turbo, i have a manual tranny, i have an upgraded clutch in mind down the road. but that will prolly be about a year down the road before i start all that.

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
one more thing, you mentioned the livewire for a monitor, ditch that, buy an sct flash, then get an edge for your monitor, livewire way to bulky, and hard to mount anywhere, not very happy with mine. its like a giant 1980s cell phone

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
im gona start out with the powermax turbo, i have a manual tranny, i have an upgraded clutch in mind down the road. but that will prolly be about a year down the road before i start all that.
:doh: ya sorry I didn't see you were getting a p-max but with your set up I'd say maybe 510-520 with proper running the powermax honestly isn't a powerful turbo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
:doh: ya sorry I didn't see you were getting a p-max but with your set up I'd say maybe 510-520 with proper running the powermax honestly isn't a powerful turbo.

Tuning is the key. I just got my new injectors yesterday, hope to get them in this weekend. With everything in my sig, + the sticks, I think I'll be around 450-475 on paper. The plan is to dyno after they're in. Next year an Airdog II, Stage 1 manifold, and upgrading injectors to 175/50. Should be around 525-550 after that and that will be maxing out the turbo. I have a pmax cause I got it cheap.
:psn:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry I didn't get these up last night, was tired when I got home.

#1 - supply holes near the bolt head.
#2 - bored out shank
#3 - stock check valve internals
#4 - Bolt location on heads
no worries, im deployed so when its your night, its my day time. i have to wait til feb to start puttin parts on my truck, i ordered the pmax, the air dog100, the upgraded oil cooler to delete the problems with the oem one, and the upgraded hpop fittings

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the SCT X3 is what ya need, then use the edge or edge cts monitor.
this is the one i was looking at: SCT Livewire Pre-Programmed / Custom Tunable Flash Device 9600

also thinkin: Edge Products Evolution CTS (Color Touch Screen) 85200,
or SCT3000 X3 Power Flash Handheld Programmer/Scan Tool
i just want the best for my truck, im not gettin into sled pulling yet, or racing, i just wana fix the problems that ford did, and get a lil bit more power outa my truck when pulling horse trailers and farm equipment or semi trucks when they get stuck in the snow.

·
Administrator
33,267 Posts
I too googled it ;-) Eigth one down is best DIY - Zoodad Mod w/ Pics

the downside to the Livewire and touchscreen extreme is it stays in your vehicle so if it gets jacked your out of luck and will have to get a new device and tunes and have your truck returned to stock at the dealer (flashed)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.