Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to do something out of the ordinary....actually I've never seen it so I'm claiming it as my idea. LOL
I've never really liked giant exhaust tips...they look like ass hanging back there for no good reason...but what are you supposed to do? Well...I like old hot rod style dumped exhaust so I built what doesn't exist to buy.

Many thanks to Josh at Grand Rock for taking care of me on the parts I needed to make this idea happen.

I still have to shorten the right side a bit more then paint it all black after the oil burns off the pipe.

5" Y, a pair of 60* bends and a straight section all put together to come up with this. Used OEM hangers...not real happy with them but it's all I had today.

Anyway...love it or hate it...there it is.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
actually looks really good on your truck, its not for everyone but it goes with the theme of your truck...

great job!

·
Registered
602 Posts
actually looks really good on your truck, its not for everyone but it goes with the theme of your truck...

great job!
:whs:
looks good on your truck

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
When I first got my truck a buddy of mine tried to get me to do something similar to this, we always called it high and tight. Looks killer!

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
So, ah, wheres the spare tire? :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Looks great! Does it sound any different?

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
Looks good. I like the different.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Looks really good.

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,171 Posts
Looks good! I did something similar on my old dually. Sorta like an old muscle car with the dual turndown look. I really liked that exhaust and it didn't make as much of a mess on my fenders as a regular one does.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I had that same style exhaust on my previous truck, and my buddy has it on his 454ss. Not original but looks good.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was your last truck a Super Duty? I know a 454SS isn't.
I know it's been done on trucks...never seen it on a diesel though.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Was your last truck a Super Duty? I know a 454SS isn't.
I know it's been done on trucks...never seen it on a diesel though.
No it wasn't, just saying its not all that original of an idea.... granted I'm sure your not the first to do it to a SD either....

With all that said, it is a nice, good looking exhaust set-up.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts