Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 F250 extended cab, 4x4, with a 7.3L turbo. Each morning I go outside and fire up my truck and have to let it warm up for approximately 15 minutes in order to drive the truck. If I don't do this, the truck will literally fall on it's face. It seems like it's starving for fuel. It will bog out and eventually die. Then, I'll kill my batteries trying to get it started back up. As long as I warm the truck up, it will be fine. It only does this in the morning. The rest of the day, the truck fires right up and runs fine. There is no need to warm it up unless I let it sit overnight. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? It's extremely frustrating, especially when I'm running late for work. Thanks in advance.

·
143 Posts
Check if the HPOP reservoir is full in the AM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is that? I'm mechanically inclined, but this is my first diesel. So, if you give me a little direction, I should be fine. What if it is full? What if it's not?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so I just did a little research on the HPOP and it's funny you mention that because I'm fairly certain I'm low on oil and due for an oil change. I've just been putting off filling it with oil because I plan to change the oil, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. So, could these factors play into the "warming up" issue I'm experiencing? If so, I'll change the oil tomorrow, for sure!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so I just did a little research on the HPOP and it's funny you mention that because I'm fairly certain I'm low on oil and due for an oil change. I've just been putting off filling it with oil because I plan to change the oil, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. So, could these factors play into the "warming up" issue I'm experiencing? If so, I'll change the oil tomorrow, for sure!
Hey , how did you make out with the warm up issue, I am having the same issue, Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts