Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a Muffler delete pipe?

On my 99 F550 the exhaust is all in good shape EXCEPT the muffler. It appears to be 3.5" but the problem is that the exhaust enters the bottom of the muffler and exits out the top.

No one around here bends anything over 3"

·
Registered
109 Posts
Try Auto-Jet Muffler on your search engine. It should bring up mandrelbenttubing-fabrication.com or something like that. They are located in Des Moines, IA. That is where I got my pipe.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just emailed them. Did you have to bring them your truck to have them make it? or did they have one?

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
you could also look @ doing a cheaper cat back sorta deal or downpipe back (they arent as much as you would think ). from diamond eye or someone like that. I know ken over @ kt performance.net has some really good prices

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not looking to spend over $75

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
My guess is it isn't your everyday run of the mill item, mostly because they are really only offered in an "offroad" aftermarket exhaust..

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Brad,

I can get one....

·
Registered
211 Posts
i just took some 3.5'' straight pipe and cut the ends at angles to meet up were i needed it too. wasnt show worthy but worked perfectly. i welded it up as well no clamps

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine has at least a 6" offset, so there is no way that would work for me

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just put the Auto-Jet pipe on yesterday. Had to trim about 8" off of it but fit perfect. And It came with stainless band clamps. $90 shipped to my door

1 - 10 of 10 Posts