Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I posted this on TDS but I wanted a little more info so im puttin it here. So I recently just bought an 8" DR lift and I want to put mud flaps on the truck so that the cops stop hassling me. What do you recommend?. Any ideas? Pictures? I need something that is stepped back or something because the truck sees close to full suspension compression multiple times per week and I can't have the flaps getting caught by the tires. DrSpeed linked me to some real nice ones but $250 for mudflaps is a more than I can pay for mud flaps.

Thanks,
Scott

·
DILLIGAFF
5,946 Posts
Build a big ass drop down bumper, and next time a cop pulls you over make sure you hit the brakes real hard... why the heck do they hassle you?

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
could you just use a drop down hitch out of your receiver? I see some of the big boys runnin around town with huge drops on theirs.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could you just use a drop down hitch out of your receiver? I see some of the big boys runnin around town with huge drops on theirs.
well I have a 10" drop hitch... but what does that have to do with mud flaps?

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Build a big ass drop down bumper, and next time a cop pulls you over make sure you hit the brakes real hard... why the heck do they hassle you?
Well I haven't even put the lift on yet, but I have a 1" block in the back and I have already gotten a ticket for having oversized tires with no mudflaps.... and thats without an 8" lift on 37's. The cops are kinda :gayfight: around here

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
I was kinda replying to Redfishman. It has nothing to do with them really.
Why do they hassle you though

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
cops around here just warned me the other day that i was going to have a problem with ice building up (hint hint)

they also thought i wouldnt be able to get home since the road is iced over up here

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Get a cheap drop hitch weld som bar stock on both sides bolt on big rig flaps. Then all you have to do to remove them is pull the hitch pin.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im 30 mins away from San Francisco here in California. The cops are Aholes.

Buff- I have seen guys do that but I would like something a little more aesthetically pleasing. Any other ideas?

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These are pretty cute Lol. Come on guys give me some help I know some of you have got to have flaps :gun:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I am not very fond of mudflaps. On my F350 both of them caught onto the tires and bye bye they went at two different times. After that I never replaced them

·
Cute and cuddly boys!
973 Posts
Are you sure they meant flaps and not flares. Some states have laws about tires sticking out from the under body too much. If your wheels have too much offset and your tires are adding to it you could be in violation. The only other law I know about is the bumpers and headlight/taillight heights when you lift your truck. Thats why you see some lifted trucks with the snowplow headlights mounted on some tubing under the front bumper.

Might not be a bad idea to check the actual law that they say you were violating.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts