Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to preface this with I didn't buy a 7.3 and put 37s and expect good mpgs. so i have 01 CCSB 7.3 with an 8" lift and 37x13.5R22. I was getting 11.87 mpgs around town and highway like 12.45 and that was with stock injectors, turbo leak, up pipe leaks and stupid hot tune with an edge tuner.

I just put in the KC 300x 63/73 turbo, 180/30 injectors, boost fooler, banjo bolts, fuel cross over, a few other little supporting things and have the tunes from full force and run the "daily tune". with all that being said I get the same exact MPGs.... now I have way more power as my truck runs way better but i'd thought is at least get 15/16 mpgs. does this sound normal to y'all or do think something isn't right that's causing these lower mpgs.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Project Shamu
2,998 Posts
12mpg on 37s is pretty normal, you're fighting a lot of wind resistance and rolling resistance

·
Administrator
8,630 Posts
as said, 12 mpg is really really good for those additions and 37 inch tires.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
It should improve once you stop “testing” throttle response.... Muuwahahaha. Which I am finding a challenge subdue. Similar mods with My Tan OBS sig truck, 14.1 mpg in town mileage, mind you that’s with work gear and Honda Pioneer 500 UTV, plus 800lbs of fuel too, so guessing over 2000lbs. On a bit of a road trip tomorrow so should have a highway mileage number with above gear on.
j

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re-gearing the truck to 4.30/4.56 will get your mpg back up, and save your trans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts