Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what any of you guys are getting with your f150's. My father has a 05 f150 cc 5.4l 4x4 auto with 3.73's. It only gets an average of 10-12mpg city/highway driving. It might see 7-8 when pulling a 5k lbs. camper. Anybody else seeing mileage this bad in their f150? The truck is bone stock with stock tires. He has had it relflashed and nothing has changed. If anybody has any input to help improve MPG I would appreciate it. I know theres some programmers out there but just wondering if thier worth it. Thanks.

·
brandon
778 Posts
had an 04 when they changed the body style, loved the new look but hated the fuel bill. My averaged 8-10 in town and 16 on the hiway. My 7.3 fixed my fuel bill.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have owned 03, 05, and 07 F150's, the last a 4x4 four door with a triton 5.4, great truck, never had a problem in the 130,000 miles I put on it. It had 16 inch rims as part of a factory trim package and the best, the absolute BEST I was ever able to squeeze out of it was 15.5 MPG highway, on multiple 1,000 mile plus trips.

It was a company vehicle with (thankfully) company fuel, and when gas was at its peak the monthly lease payment was 545.00, and the monthly fuel bill was 800+, around town the thing was an absolute pig, 8-12 in heavy city driving, with AC.

Looked into it and it was normal, just a horribly inneficient motor, other than that, great truck.

lj

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
My step dad have the 2 valve 5.4 in his 98 Expedition. He got 18 on the freeway. I could get it down to 11 in town though... I thought the 3 valves had better economy though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. Anybody had programmers or anything on their 5.4? Was it worth it and what were your gains? Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wifes '07, 5.4, 4X4, on 35's does 16+change everyday driving, 18 down the highway. AFE stage2, 40 series Flowmaster, Royal Purple in everything and PHP Gryphon with custom tunes.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
One of our vehicles is an 05 5.4 Expy; with our programmer, we get about 18 HWY and 16-17 around town. Everything is stock except the Gotts Mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts