Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my first post so have patience. You guys and gals that have tried all the different tunes. which one gets the best mpg. I don't need a lot of power but if that is what it takes I can live with it.I have a 2005 f350 6.0 with egr delete 4" turbo back head studs. 410 gears and edge insight cs for gauges. Thanks in advance. wd9bob

·
Gettin there
205 Posts
:welcome:

I have mild tunes from Eric at Innovative Diesel Performance (IDP) and love'em; I don't have my studs yet. I have read others get better mpg off of street and race tunes than the economy tunes, I don't know why that would be.

I avg. 15 mixed on a street tune with normal driving. With my foot in it around 10-12. Last road trip I avg 19 at 78-80 mph unloaded.

Your 4:10's aren't gonna help, but get in touch with any of the following and talk to them, tell 'em what you're looking for and go from there.

Vivian - Quicktricks Auto
Eric - Innovative Diesel
Matt - Gearhead
Chris??? - Truck Source Diesel

I know there are more, but those are who I am familiar with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hay thanks whitebull I got erics tunes for street and tow today man what a difference thanks for your help wd9bob

·
Gettin there
205 Posts
They're great so be prepared to see the MPG drop at first, you won't be able to keep your foot out of it. But the new wears off and then it's just fun to be able to when you want to. Enjoy'em.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Gettin there
205 Posts
Haven't seen that thread yet. It's good. I'm glad I didn't get mine and want mpg's and ask the question. I actually went up from my previous Chevy, so I'm happy as a chit with 15.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Just spreading your word Tank.LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts