Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
i am getting 23MPG hand calculated. With my Spartan 250 tune, 5" straight pipe and S&B intake. Got a EGR delete coming too.

·
PSN Fan
75 Posts
19 on a highway trip but where i live its one hill after another even on the highway and i haven t really had mine outside the area far enough where roads are more flat. Back roads are 16-17ish. Depends greatly on the ol right foot tho...

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I got 5" straight pipe from the down pipe back Flo Pro. It is not bad at all in the cab unless you got your foot right in it. The Flo Pro kind of suck i think just the bands that they give with it to put it together. I went out and just bought some better band clamps and tack welded everything.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have the same 5" kit with a twister muffler. It is damn near silent inside the truck...I am about to delete the muffler to see how that is.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I have the same 5" kit with a twister muffler. It is damn near silent inside the truck...I am about to delete the muffler to see how that is.
I love it with out the muffler. Has a nice sound to it when you get on it. It turns heads that for sure!!!! lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
same as with these other guys, 16ish 'round town and 18-21 highway. i have the minimax and DD with the 300 tune (which seems to provide the best mileage) and i have a 4" exhaust. would def. recommend the turbo back 5" tho, thats my next addition after lift/wheels/tires tomm.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
It sounds awesome at WOT now! It is a little throatier in the cab when driving normal but, it doesnt drone too bad. I like it
I figured you would. It sounds a little meaner!!! LOL glad to hear you like it dude

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have H&S, a 4" MBRP with DPF delete, and stock intake. BEST ive seen using both the 250 or hot damn 300 tune is 13.7 in town, and 17 on the freeway with the cruise set. Most of the time its around 16.3 on the freeway.... What am i doing wrong??? I cant believe you guys claim this kind of MPG! Is it the H&S thats killing me? Im half tempted to sell it and try the IDP tunes! I thought from everything I read that this 6.4 would kill my 6.0 in MPG, not the case.

I love the performance of the H&S but id be more then willing to give up some power for some MPG! Any help here?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have H&S, a 4" MBRP with DPF delete, and stock intake. BEST ive seen using both the 250 or hot damn 300 tune is 13.7 in town, and 17 on the freeway with the cruise set. Most of the time its around 16.3 on the freeway.... What am i doing wrong??? I cant believe you guys claim this kind of MPG! Is it the H&S thats killing me? Im half tempted to sell it and try the IDP tunes! I thought from everything I read that this 6.4 would kill my 6.0 in MPG, not the case.

I love the performance of the H&S but id be more then willing to give up some power for some MPG! Any help here?
This is what I get too, I generally run the Spartan 275 and up tunes. I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Guess I forgot a little info... My truck is a 2010 f-250 with 3.73 gears and only 9,500 miles. So its not like I have an f-450 with 4.56's. I just bought the truck about a month ago and put the tuner and exhaust on about 2 weeks ago. I have gone through 2 tanks of fuel since my mods. One tank on the 250 tune and one on the 300, both driving the truck like a grandma just to see what kind of mpg I can really pull and 13.7 in town and between 16.5 - 17mpg on the freeway is the best!

So what gives guys? Should I spend the $900 and try the IDP tunes? I mean $900 is a healthy chunk on top of what I already spent to only gain 1 or 2 mpg, but if I can get the truck into the 18 - 20 mpg range that I see being claimed all over this forum then my wallet is open!

One other question... Why all the hype on the 5" exhaust over the 4"? Does the truck really benefit from a 5" over a 4" like the 7.3's do? Or is it just more of a sound thing that people are liking? Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
544 Posts
5" for sound only...you won't get better mileage with idp...get some more miles on it, it's not even broke in yet..city mileage isn't good with these trucks though. I have 3.55 gears and our mpgs are pretty close. Fill out your sig so folks know what you have done too

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I dont believe its really the tunes. It depends on your driving habits and enviroment. I average about 14.3 a tank and i run IDP tunes. Not downing IDP i love them, but spending $900 for a different set of tunes when you already have a decent set is a little rediculous especially when it is for fuel mileage.

RRRC, are you sure you have 3.73s? 2010 was a short run year and as far as i know all 2010 F250s came with 3.55s including mine

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your prob correct that my truck has 3.55s. Ill have to take another look at my window sticker.

@ SUPERSTROKED, ive been meaning to fill out my profile but im so busy with my business an working a full time job now that I only get on here about a half hour each day late at night... Sucks, tons of great info from you guys, wish I had a day just to surf around here!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.