Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove from Clovis NM to Gilbert AZ last Thursday roughly 700miles each way, towed a 16' flat bed trailer "approx 1800lbs" with a bed full of mustang parts probably 600lbs worth of stuff. Drove 80mph most of the way and avg. 17.0mpg. The way back now with the car and pulling non stop up hill for about 140miles the truck got about 13mpg, one I reached I40 it was smoothing sailing and did about 75mph and avg. 15.5 Also had my edge cts insight hooked up and mounted, left the truck in the Hot damn 300 hot setting and the egt's never reached over 1200 degree's even during the major inclines. I think my new nitto trail grapplers actually helped by chopping my gear down and seemed help out while cruising. Attached is a pic of the setup.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Good deal.. The 300 never got kinda dirty while towing?

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal.. The 300 never got kinda dirty while towing?
Not real bad, i was watching the engine load and egts on my cts when I had to throw on the coals but the load never peaked out nor did my egts and it would smoke a bit but nothing epic. The trailer does have some soot on it, but really I was impressed with how it did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts